Sign in to follow this  
NiteSnipe

How do you open ports?

Tech support replied back to my issue finally. They told me to update to the latest patch (which i told them i already did) and to open port 27888. I would assume its open because NOLF2 multiplayer used to work for me, but I figured id give it a try. Anyone know how to open ports?

Adding a Port exception: (Windows XP Firewall)

1. Click Start; click Run, type Wscui.cpl, and then click OK to open Windows Firewall.

2. Click the Exceptions tab, and then click Add Port to display the Add a Port dialog box

3. Enter the port number that your program uses. (in this case 27888)

4. Select the TCP protocol.

5. In the Name field, type a descriptive name for the port. (example; Nolf 2)

6. Click Change Scope to view or to set the scope for the port exception, and then click OK

7. Click OK to close the Add a Port dialog box.

If you have another firewall program post what it is and I'll post instructions for it.

Adding a Port exception: (Windows XP Firewall)

1. Click Start; click Run, type Wscui.cpl, and then click OK to open Windows Firewall.

2. Click the Exceptions tab, and then click Add Port to display the Add a Port dialog box

3. Enter the port number that your program uses. (in this case 27888)

4. Select the TCP protocol.

5. In the Name field, type a descriptive name for the port. (example; Nolf 2)

6. Click Change Scope to view or to set the scope for the port exception, and then click OK

7. Click OK to close the Add a Port dialog box.

If you have another firewall program post what it is and I'll post instructions for it.

5722[/snapback]

Norton

and btw thats kinda pointless because my windows firewall is always turned off.. but thanks anyway

Ok First you need to get yourself a bottle of PORT.

user posted image

Then you take one of these bad boys ...

user posted image

And finally...

user posted image

NO NO! Don't thank me! Seeing you succeed is thanks enough.

I have now been getting this error also

user posted image

That one and the previous one seem to switch off and take turns. yay.

previous one

user posted image

Port Forwarding try this site if you have a router.

5732[/snapback]

just tried that, when i type in the IP and my username and password, the page never loads.

allowing a program access in Norton's Firewall

Open Norton's firewall & go to Internet Access Control.

Now check to make sure your game isn't already listed there, if it is select it then hit the remove button.

Now hit the add button & navigate to your install directory (usually C:\Program Files) for the game & select the icon that represents your game (which should be the .exe file).

It should be straight forward from here & when done it should say Permit ALL in the Internet Access Control section beside the game name.

allowing a program access in Norton's Firewall

Open Norton's firewall & go to Internet Access Control.

Now check to make sure your game isn't already listed there, if it is select it then hit the remove button.

Now hit the add button & navigate to your install directory (usually C:\Program Files) for the game & select the icon that represents your game (which should be the .exe file).

It should be straight forward from here & when done it should say Permit ALL in the Internet Access Control section beside the game name.

5739[/snapback]

I did that a long time ago... apparently thats not a problem then?

I was under the impression that port 27888 was preferred by the game, but that it would route through port 80 if necessary. I have a router and when I first started playing, I hadn't forwarded port 27888. You may have more firewalls running than you realize....

I was under the impression that port 27888 was preferred by the game, but that it would route through port 80 if necessary.  I have a router and when I first started playing, I hadn't forwarded port 27888.  You may have more firewalls running than you realize....

5748[/snapback]

I seriously doubt it.

Are you behind a router? If so make sure it isn't running a firewall as well.

Just to give you all an update. I have been unable to connect to the server as well, and I know I'm not having port issues...perhaps it's not our problem at the moment...