Advertising NOLF2

orion98

No players in the server, because the players do not know how to properly install and run mode.

What makes a “ordinary player”?

1. Purchases game NOLF2 or downloads from the internet game

2. Sets version 1.0

3. Playing single-player

4. Presses the "Multiplayer", ... sees the error and throws the game ...!

All players are lazy. Only one player of 10000 will search patches, maps, mods ...

How to fix it?

It is necessary to perform the automatic installation of the full 1.3 version of the game with the established mods!

Player presses the "Install NOLF2", then the player chooses the disk (C, D, E, F. ... or Z), then the player is going to drink coffee ...

When a player comes in, then it has NOLF2 version 1.3 with the official card is modded LivesForever, INSTALLED mod NOLF2_ExeMods_1.0.exe from URA

Edited by orion98

You would have to get the new version to players. There would be no way out of the box to push an updated version to them.

Only way to get the message out is by posting it to places people can still buy the games from.

I have the box with the game, in which lie the 2 CD with the game No One Lives Forever 2

I have 3 patch: nolf2_mappack01.exe, nolf2_mappack02.exe, nolf2_update_en_10-12_13.exe

I have mod LivesForever.rez

I have mod NOLF2_ExeMods_1.0.exe

I have Join_By_IP.exe

I have NoCD (file Lithtech.exe)

How do I install the game?

1. I created a folder “NOLF2” on my hard disk

1.1 I copy all the files in that folder from CD2

1.2 I copy replacing all files in this folder from CD1

1.3 I copy nolf2_mappack01.exe, nolf2_mappack02.exe, nolf2_update_en_10-12_13.exe

LivesForever.rez, NOLF2_ExeMods_1.0.exe, Join_By_IP.exe, NoCD (file Lithtech.exe) to this folder.

2. I run AutoRun.exe

3. I define the way the game installation E: \ Program Files \ Fox \ No One Lives Forever 2

4. reboot

5. Upgrade (nolf2_mappack01.exe, nolf2_mappack02.exe, nolf2_update_en_10-12_13.exe)

6. Copy Join_By_IP.exe in a folder with a game E: \ Program Files \ Fox \ No One Lives Forever 2

7. Copy NoCD (file Lithtech.exe) in a folder with a game E: \ Program Files \ Fox \ No One Lives Forever 2

8. LivesForever.rez copy to folder E: \ Program Files \ Fox \ No One Lives Forever 2 \ Custom \ Mods \ LivesForever

9. Set NOLF2_ExeMods_1.0.exe

10. Run modes LivesForever (NOLF2.exe - Custom - LivesForever)

For a long time we need a programmer who will do automatic installation script p.2 - p.10

Most people just put in the CD to install it.

As far as the patches. Even current games don't always announce patches. It's always been up to the players to seek out patches and new content for their games, hence sites like ours to give players a focal point to find content for the Nolf games. If the player isn't going to use google to find game content then they are content with what they already have.

Something like the open source NSIS installer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullsoft_Scriptable_Install_System) could be scripted to do the installation. The wikipedia article mentions that there are plugins that would allow downloading files from a website which would handle the problem of making sure folks got the latest version of the map packs, etc..No, it isn't trivial to do -- otherwise someone would have done it -- but if you (Orion98) want to take a stab at fixing the problem you see here is a possible solution for you to explore.

Something like the open source NSIS installer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullsoft_Scriptable_Install_System) could be scripted to do the installation. The wikipedia article mentions that there are plugins that would allow downloading files from a website which would handle the problem of making sure folks got the latest version of the map packs, etc..No, it isn't trivial to do -- otherwise someone would have done it -- but if you (Orion98) want to take a stab at fixing the problem you see here is a possible solution for you to explore.

NSIS has a 1gb source file size limitation.

Hmm ... I am an administrator, but not a programmer.

I have many repack NOLF2, who made unknown programmers.

Some repack NOLF2 work, some repack NOLF2 not work well.

I also have a box with two licensed CD NOLF2.

This is reality.

Can or can not make a new repack NOLF2 1.3 with mod LivesForever.rez and software installed on NOLF2_ExeMods_1.0.exe URA?

I think if you have a box with 2 CD NOLF2, it does not matter how you install the full version of 1.3 with the mod installed and the installed program LivesForever.rez NOLF2_ExeMods_1.0.exe from URA!

If you used the installer that Monlith used, Installshield then yes you could in theory. However Installshield is not a free product so you would have to invest money into licensing it etc.

Not a practical option.