NOLF2 Multiplayer

Diablosrouge

Hey. Does anyone still play NOLF 2 online?

I've heard the masterservers were shut down since November 2008 and Im already up-to-date with the new server browser addons etc, but I dont have enough post counts to download it XD

Anyways, i used to play NOLF 2 multiplayer between 2002-2004, i enjoyed it pretty much despite of running it on 20 fps on my old computer, specially the Co-op mode. There was even a server called "Voodoo" something which would have the Single-Player campaign available for multiplayer and we could play it, there were a few bugs tho that players had to avoid, else they'd be stuck... like the Invisible Walls mission where you had to do a tricky jump to get past the spawn once the crate was already opened.

I also remind those times on Deathmatch mode on Woodlands map and Unity HQ. Good times indeed, but other games came through and sooner or later i had forgotten NOLF 2.

Now, 9 years later I installed the game again, played the SP campaign and wanted to get back to the Multiplayer scene on the Co-op and DM to have some fun, but I dont know if ppl still play it.

Also let's hope I can get this post count up so I can download the new client lol.

Oh, do I need anything else besides URA's client to play MP? Any patches? Because atm Im trying to connect to a Co-op server which needs LivesForever mod which I installed, but it crashes on loading. I have 1.003 patch.

Regards.

UPDATE: I was already able to play. Whenever I'm free i'll be around the {U} Coop server or join a DM server if anyones in.

Edited by Diablosrouge

Yes quite a few still play. You'll find them on the DD server especially on the weekends around 3pm eastern US time.

Hey. Why does the cooperative server only plays till Chapter 6? After killing Isako on that house during a tornado, it goes back to chapter 1. Where are the other chapters? :S I know they are playable because I used to play them before on Co-op servers until and including Khios. Any chance to put them working?

Hey. Why does the cooperative server only plays till Chapter 6? After killing Isako on that house during a tornado, it goes back to chapter 1. Where are the other chapters? :S I know they are playable because I used to play them before on Co-op servers until and including Khios. Any chance to put them working?

Ok did some tweaking. Let me know how it works out.

Hey. We just did the Chapter 1 and after finishing it jumped to Chapter 6 :S

Finished Chapter 6, it went to Chapter 8. Can you please put all the levels? :)

Some of the levels will crash the server so we only run the stable levels.

Isnt there any place for the Siberia chapters? I remember playing them flawless back in time :(

People were having issues while that chapter was running so it was removed from the server rotation. I believe it has to do with the Liveforever mod and that particular chapter if I remember correctly. We can certainly try it again though.

The LivesForever mod prevents you from entering a particular code on those levels. It's a real pain to make it all the way to that point and realize your saves are all tainted (in the single player game). ><

This isn't a complaint against the LivesForever mod. It is more an "I'm an idiot for forgetting to turn that mod off for single player". :)

Edited by FortranDragon

The LivesForever mod prevents you from entering a particular code on those levels. It's a real pain to make it all the way to that point and realize your saves are all tainted (in the single player game). ><

This isn't a complaint against the LivesForever mod. It is more an "I'm an idiot for forgetting to turn that mod off for single player". :)

Hence the issue running the Siberia level on the Co-Op server ;)

Oh well... i thought the server would crash or something. If it taints your singleplayer games too bad iguess... im sure everyone here has already completed the SP campaign, and if not, just deactivate LivesForever mod if u go on SP.

Please, we'd really enjoy playing all those levels sequently so that my mate could understand the storyline properly, and it's fun in Multiplayer thats why he wanted to play lol.

I tried to setup my own server through lan and internet but it doesnt work because ppl cant join due to my router, so you're my last hope :-/

Edited by Diablosrouge

Oh well... i thought the server would crash or something. If it taints your singleplayer games too bad iguess... im sure everyone here has 'already completed the SP campaign, and if not, just deactivate LivesForever mod if u go on SP.

Please, we'd really enjoy playing all those levels sequently so that my mate could understand the storyline properly, and it's fun in Multiplayer thats why he wanted to play lol.

I tried to setup my own server through lan and internet but it doesnt work because ppl cant join due to my router, so you're my last hope :-/

The server has to run Livesdorever or else you won't be able to connect to it.

Yeah i know, i was just telling him that ppl should deactivate LivesForever when they go on SinglePlayer if they dont want their savegames tainted or whatever happens with the Siberian chapters.

Any hope towards it? If not, it's pointless playing there since the campaign gets a big hole in the middle :\

Edited by Diablosrouge

Well, it doesn't really have to run LivesForever, there are less popular alternatives ;)

Your version doesn't have this problem I take it?

Guess this is a no-go. That way theres no interest returning to the game.

Thanks for posting tho.

Confused by the sound of "defeat" in your posts.