Jump to content

NOLF2 - Black screen and resolution problems


GonGz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I decided to play NOLF2 single player again however I'm having some problems actually playing it:

  • Resolution: I've download the full game from nolfrevival.tk and I have the LivesForeverPlus mod which allows me to change to bigger resolutions however, there's some problems. First of all, it doesn't recognize my main GPU. I'm forced to play with the integrated graphics card from the CPU. Then, when I change to the resolution I want (1366x768) I cant see the full HUD and subtitles when playing.
  • Black screen: This is problem I had when playing NOLF1 too which, for example, when I get poisoned my screen just turns black and I cant see anything but the HUD until it ends.

I apologise if there's already a solution wrote anywhere in this forum but I couldn't find it and was just wondering if any of you could help.

Best reggards,
Gonçalo

Edited by GonGz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GonGz said:

Hello everyone,

I decided to play NOLF2 single player again however I'm having some problems actually playing it:

  • Resolution: I've download the full game from nolfrevival.tk and I have the LivesForeverPlus mod which allows me to change to bigger resolutions however, there's some problems. First of all, it doesn't recognize my main GPU. I'm forced to play with the integrated graphics card from the CPU. Then, when I change to the resolution I want (1366x768) I cant see the full HUD and subtitles when playing.
  • Black screen: This is problem I had when playing NOLF1 too which, for example, when I get poisoned my screen just turns black and I cant see anything but the HUD until it ends.

I apologise if there's already a solution wrote anywhere in this forum but I couldn't find it and was just wondering if any of you could help.

Best reggards,
Gonçalo

Have you reached out to nolfrevial.tk for support? 

Unfortunately I'm not sure how they put their "download" together. 

Our's has the dgvoodoo2 included so it can be used to achieve the resolutions and screen size for newer computers. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I downloaded the NOLF2-Setup available here.

However I'm still having the same issues.

I can't seem to find any dgvoodoo2 file in the game's folder.
Do I need to do anything besides installing the game through this setup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GonGz said:

Thanks a lot.

Just one more question: I can't enter the online servers. I have the correct mod selected however it keeps loading forever.
Is this a common issue?

Do you have the livesforever mod and the custom map packs installed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NOLF2 Widescreen Patch Ver.3 by Wobak supports all monitor aspect ratio up to 16 : 10 and all monitor resolution up to 1920x1080.
Download Here:
https://www.moddb.com/games/no-one-lives-forever-2-a-spy-in-harm/downloads/nolf2-widescreen-patch-v3
The game Nolf2 download on Unity HQ …  or HERE, it is magnet-link(more fast download)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:44429295071B47F4699594371E724D8D2E6FCB0C

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Eliteone said:

Do you have the livesforever mod and the custom map packs installed? 

I forgot the mappacks! I've downloaded it and it now works perfectly. Thank you so much!
Does anyone still play online?

3 hours ago, orion98 said:

 

 

NOLF2 Widescreen Patch Ver.3 by Wobak supports all monitor aspect ratio up to 16 : 10 and all monitor resolution up to 1920x1080.
Download Here:
https://www.moddb.com/games/no-one-lives-forever-2-a-spy-in-harm/downloads/nolf2-widescreen-patch-v3
The game Nolf2 download on Unity HQ …  or HERE, it is magnet-link(more fast download)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:44429295071B47F4699594371E724D8D2E6FCB0C

 

I've tried that solution. I've done what the readme file says to do, but when I'm loading a mission the game freezes and crashes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both WobaksWidescreen.rez and Livesforever.rez contains CSHELL.DLL, and both are modified in both mods. If I understand the engine correctly. only 1 of them will be loaded and that would be the one listed last in launchcmds.txt. I haven't tested this but if you load both mods, I believe one of them would fail because it would have the wrong CSHELL.DLL.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.