Component Transfer Error?

I've seen this before. Even though the disc does not appear to be scratched, there may in fact be errors from the manufacturing process. More than likely, it could be an issue with your drive. A friend of mine had an LG drive that did this constantly, no matter what disc we put in. You might want to look into updating the firmware of the drive (make sure you follow instructions!). Lastly, if possible, you should try using a different optical drive or attempt to install it on another computer and see if you have the same problem.

I've seen this before.  Even though the disc does not appear to be scratched, there may in fact be errors from the manufacturing process.  More than likely, it could be an issue with your drive.  A friend of mine had an LG drive that did this constantly, no matter what disc we put in.  You might want to look into updating the firmware of the drive (make sure you follow instructions!).  Lastly, if possible, you should try using a different optical drive or attempt to install it on another computer and see if you have the same problem.

4930[/snapback]

AH! thanks so much, it worked, just used my CD-RW drive... but so my DVD drive is crap? I updated the drivers like a year ago but this has never happened before..

That sounds just like the problem I had reinstalling NOLF1 (see my post in NOLF1 titled Version 1.05). I ended up making a copy of the CD on my other computer and used that to install the game. It just wouldn't read that disc. It installed perfectly fine on the other computer, though. It was suggested to me afterwards that I clean the drive, but I haven't done that yet, of course.