Invalid Key - windows 7

I'm trying to run NOLF2 on a new machine with Windows 7 and getting the "Invalid Key" when trying to enter the server.

I've got the 1.3 patch.

I've copied my old XP set up onto my new machine.

I've copied the LiverForever mod into "Mods" folder (and cleared out everything else).

I've Nolf.exe properties and asked it to run on XP.

The game runs fine in Single Player mode, but I still get the "Invalid Key" error trying to join the server.

Anyone had a simlilar problem?

I'm begining to suffer from withdrawal symptoms! so any help will be much appreciated,

thanks

Edited by ONYX

You need to add te registry settings to your Windows 7 machine mostly likely.

Is this the registry setting you answered Lameduck with?

I did that as well, the thing is the single player plays ok?

Is this the registry setting you answered Lameduck with?

I did that as well, the thing is the single player plays ok?

To me it sounds as if LivesForever isn't running (hence the CD Key error), it could be due to a missing registry setting since compatibility mode uses a separate set of registry keys.

64bit non compatibility mode key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0

64bit compatibility mode key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0

32bit non compatibility mode key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0

32bit compatibility mode key (not sure, I'm guessing here  ):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0

What are you using to join a server with, Join by IP or my Multiplayer Launcher? If you are using Join by IP, is it also set to compatibility mode?

Also is LivesForever.rez mentioned in launchcmds.txt?

I've tried joining with Gamespy, Join by IP and even your download, all give me the same result.

The rest of yur post has gone over my head a bit URA, but I did change my registry withn the following :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever\1.0]"WorkingDirectory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Fox\\No One Lives Forever""Version"="1.004""Update Command Line"="-rez Nolfu003.rez -rez Nolfcres003.rez -rez nolfu004.rez""Content Version"="1.002""Content Command Line"="-rez Nolfc001.rez -rez Nolfc002.rez"

which I picked up from a post from E1.

I've tried joining with Gamespy, Join by IP and even your download, all give me the same result.

The rest of yur post has gone over my head a bit URA, but I did change my registry withn the following :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever\1.0]"WorkingDirectory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Fox\\No One Lives Forever""Version"="1.004""Update Command Line"="-rez Nolfu003.rez -rez Nolfcres003.rez -rez nolfu004.rez""Content Version"="1.002""Content Command Line"="-rez Nolfc001.rez -rez Nolfc002.rez"

which I picked up from a post from E1.

The above registry appears to belong too NOLF.

Again, is LivesForever.rez mentioned in launchcmds.txt, like this: +mod LivesForever -rez Custom\Mods\LivesForever\LivesForever.rez?

Or you can check NOLF2's command line from the launcher (nolf2.exe) by pressing Shift while clicking Play and look for the above command.

Also, what version of Windows 7 are you using, 32bit or 64bit? And what directory did you install NOLF2 too?

Thanks URA, I checked the NOLF2 command line and saw "LivesforeverPlus".

I loaded and reloaded everything so much, I must have clicked the "LivesforeverPlus" mod instead of the "LiversFoever" mod.

Its now actually working ok and I can get in.

Thanks for yours & E1's help, much appreciated guys.