Question about a command

Ok, I don't know if this should do here or DEdit but I am posting here so there tongue.gif (you can move it if you want smile.gif )

Well, once again I have started on a new map that I plan on finsihing this time but I am going to take my time with it so I can get it really good with tacits and stuff. Like I am going to make it so there are many ways to get your base with lots of very well placed cover. I am trying my best to put as much into this map as I can but keep it running good. I will have pictures soon but I have a question:

I have a sliding switch and a sliding door. I have the door so you can't just hit open on it. How, do I make it so when I hit my switch, it opens the door and then closes it after about 10 sec. And THEN, when somebody gets close to the door from the inside, it opens by itself? I want to make this a hidden room but I want to make it as hidden as possable. Is there any other ways you can think of besides what I just said to make it hidden. I know I want the switch and stuff but how should I have it open again once the player is in it?

Any ideas or help on my idea would be great!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a sliding switch and a sliding door.  I have the door so you can't just hit open on it.  How, do I make it so when I hit my switch, it opens the door and then closes it after about 10 sec.  And THEN, when somebody gets close to the door from the inside, it opens by itself?  I want to make this a hidden room but I want to make it as hidden as possable.  Is there any other ways you can think of besides what I just said to make it hidden.  I know I want the switch and stuff but how should I have it open again once the player is in it?

Any ideas or help on my idea would be great!

4578[/snapback]

to use the switch to open the door

In the switch open command msg door0 trigger

in the close command nothing

in the door0 properties close automatically on

and close wait time 10

to auto open it from the inside place a trigger and adjust the dims to the right size.

in the trigger properties

msg door0 trigger

also for time between triggers, (forgot the name of the property) on the trigger, make it like 5 seconds and change number of activations to 0 so you can trigger it infinitely.