Is the darn Master Server down again?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SkiZZor' date='Sep 19 2005, 05:12 PM' post='15053']

Just tried it at 6:10PM, and it appears to be working now :)!

not working here.

*edit* is it just me or does just copying " NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 64.34.47.10:16737 " and running it directly link you to SFI DD server? it worked for me but there was no one in the server so im not sure if im just doing something off of my computer or if im actually in the server. far-out, huh?

e1 just confirmed this for me.

just copying and pasting " NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 64.34.47.10:16737 " and running it will directly take you to the SFI DD server. this will work for any other server, NS, unity, etc.

this is the same as the way with the .bat file, but for those of you that didn't know how to do the .bat file thing (like me), can just do it this way

IPB Image

e1's way of doing it was faster because then you'd just have to click on the .bat file shortcut and it'd do it for you.

this way may involve a bit more copying and pasting on your part. just keep a text document with all of the different server IPs and you're good to go.

OK....so I gave the techies at Sierra a call and they told me they are still performing maintenance on the server and that other games are down too. They hope to have all the issues straightened out today.

I also mentioned that from my perspective, the servers seem to be going down frequently. The techy said they go down once every 3 - 4 months, but that if we have a better time line, they would like to see it. Is it just me, or do the servers go down more often than once every 3 - 4 months?

BTW - what happened to the spell check button?

i thought accessing the servers through the back alley way would always work? now even when i do it that way i still get the invalid cd key error.

Cause if the server that verifies the Cd Keys is down too the Bat files won't work.

Using the Bat file only bypasses the master server listing and connects you directly to that particular gameserver. If the CD Key verifying server is down too then the game can't verify you correctly.