Is the darn Master Server down again?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cuz Surak is using an cracked version (and has done as he said  a lot of worse things then that, like rip the do not remove tags from mattresses), doesn't mean that the rest of us didn't purchase the game straight up.

4590[/snapback]

Dude I bought my NOLF2, I only use a no cd patch becuase I want to spare my cd. And besides that I'm to lazy to swap cds every time I want to play another game.

It's easy Knix open Notepad

paste in the following example

NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join IP Address

for example:

NOLF2.exe -GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 70.84.193.178:27888

click file then save as

name it nolf2start.bat save it in your C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2

then browse to where you saved it. Right click it and send to desktop (create Shortcut)

then double click it to start up nolf 2

Good. Well now I'm getting really tired of this. Nolf2 might be technology of the 21st century but it is neither rocket science of brain surgery. That any problem occurring with its master server is not fixed in three days tells me Sierra doesn't give a crap. Keeping our ethics is great but what about them stealing our gaming possibilities? Is that any better?

I am still on the "let's let Sierra fix this" side but by golly my patience is wearing thin!!

Moderators please Bann Spacko for using the word "golly" in a sentence. I have already warned her.

Surak, my posts was lightyears ago. Either you are not visiting the forums enough, or you need to work on your reaction time.

Ya know E1 I actually thought about doing exactly what you just posted, using notepad.....but I questioned myself a ran like a little school girl to SLY for help.

The things ya learn in this joint! W00t!

• 2 months later...

On Gamespy, be careful with it. I ended up having a bunch of adware and trojans on my computer from it. I'm sure there are safeguards to prevent that from happening, but I removed Gamespy entirely just to be safe.

On Gamespy, be careful with it. I ended up having a bunch of adware and trojans on my computer from it. I'm sure there are safeguards to prevent that from happening, but I removed Gamespy entirely just to be safe.

There is ;) Be sure to scan for adware frequently programs like Adaware etc. ;) If you have a good firewall gamespy can't report to the "mothership" anyhow. B)

Remember to contact Sierra again and let them know server is down How to contact Sierra/VU

Speaking of this issue though, how's the petition coming along? Are you sending it to Sierra/VU? *sending fuming e-mail to customer contact*

We need everyone who plays nolf 2 to sign it B)

Then it's going to them.

OMG! Do i get a virus from gamespy?

I tried to join last night and got booted 60 times!

Seriously, I was really like WTF!

Hope i didnt get a trojan now :unsure:

I've had Gamespy installed for about 4 years now and have never gotten a virus from it. However unless you subscribe to it it throws adware at you. So make sure you scan for it regularly and have a decent firewall.

I see. But why was I booted 60 times?

Yes I did count :P

Dunno Gamespy works just fine for me have you tried X-Fire? or All Seeing Eye? (Links are here in the forum for those)

Yes it appears to be make sure you contact sierra and let them know you don't apreciate the down server.

Also make sure you sign the petition.

SkiZZor' date='Sep 19 2005, 02:23 PM' post='15049']

Quick question, just wondering if it is still down? Yesterday I got the No Servers Specified error, and today it is getting to the Invalid CD Key error. Just hoping that this is the same problem..only it gets further now.

That would mean it's still down pretty much.