Is the darn Master Server down again?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Lodingi and I are having that problem too, so yes, it seems the master server is down yet again. I'd go play NOLF1, but I still don't have my problem with that fixed, so I guess it's on to Contract JACK.

GAHH I go have fun for a evening and the Master Server goes kaput. Everyone use the contact Sierra link in the Tech Section to let them know you are having the issue with it again.

Invalid CD Key

is the error once again

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!1

THAT..

FREAKIN..

SUCKS!!11

I can't get into Guild Wars. It says Connecting...Error=5.

"We're sorry that you are experiencing technical difficulties. The network error message you are reporting, Err=5 (NET_ERR_CONNECT_FAILED), is indicative of a mis-configured network setting or network interference. For assistance with this issue, please contact our Technical Support team via the Ask A Question tab, and include as much of the following information as possible:

* Are you connecting through a Router or Hub? If so, are you on a Home, Campus, or Business Network?

* Are you using a Firewall application? If so which one?

* Do you use any Internet Security Applications (ISA) such as "Cyber-Sitter", "Net-Nanny", Zone Alarm, McAfee? or Norton?

* Who is your Internet provider?

* What type of connection do you have (Cable, DSL, Dial-Up)?

Please provide as much relevant information as possible; this will help us to swiftly resolve your issue. Our Technical Support Team will answer your support request as quickly as possible, in the order that it is received. "

Ye, ye, but I haven't done anything with Computer....An indicative of a mis-configured network setting or network interference?!??!/1 Does anyone know what I have to change?!

They were giving this game away for free in euro mags! Checking for a CD-key is kind of silly at this point.I'm starting to get the feeling that this might be the beginning of the end for nolf2 online sad.gif

Is there anyway around using Sierra's master server?

I don't know enough about servers to understand how the process works. I am sure that there have been numerous games over the past decade which had online functionality at one time, and then had the servers shutdown by the companies which created the game. Is this a possible credible threat to NOLF2? We still have probably 200 or so people who play the game on a daily basis...does this warrant a host server staying up? If and when Sierra desides to shut down this host server, what are our alternatives?

Is there anyway around using Sierra's master server?

I don't know enough about servers to understand how the process works. I am sure that there have been numerous games over the past decade which had online functionality at one time, and then had the servers shutdown by the companies which created the game. Is this a possible credible threat to NOLF2? We still have probably 200 or so people who play the game on a daily basis...does this warrant a host server staying up? If and when Sierra desides to shut down this host server, what are our alternatives?

4570[/snapback]

hello fellow conservative. did sierra pull the plug? have they stated they have? if not, shouldn't they? i tried using the "all seeing eye" to enter the server without luck. i'm going to install and try gamespy and see if that will work. i'll report back shortly.

hello fellow conservative. did sierra pull the plug? have they stated they have? if not, shouldn't they? i tried using the "all seeing eye" to enter the server without luck. i'm going to install and try gamespy and see if that will work. i'll report back shortly.

4572[/snapback]

gamespy doesn't work either. rats.

The master servers are different for nolf, nolf 2 and contract jack.

There is a way around this issue but it then opens the door for other "moral issues"

my suggestion is for everyone to use the contact sierra link I posted in this section on the forum. That way Sierra knows how many people this issue affects

I lost my morals in the late 80's so I say lets ROLL!

How much for your weeeeemon?!!!! laugh.gif

Seriously though, what is the moral issue of which you speak? Do alternate means use their resources illegaly? Do alternate means open up the game to cracked versions? I don't get it. Me being a choir boy, I don't think on such immoral levels, and need you dirty birdies to clear it up for me. cool.gif

Yeah,but if they see us using a work around,then that would kind of send the message"We don't need you Sierra".And that would only encourage them to pull the plug for good!I bet they want to anyways,and that would give them a good reason. The work around seems like the "red button".

It would open the door to non legal copies to be able to function (not sure if people remember the big deal I made about this a few months ago on that other forum) There was a server running that bypassed this part of the game. It's a path I'm not willing to go down.

My advice again is for everyone to contact Sierra via the contact link I posted to let them know you are having issues playing the multiplayer.

It would open the door to non legal copies to be able to function (not sure if people remember the big deal I made about this a few months ago on that other forum) There was a server running that bypassed this part of the game. It's a path I'm not willing to go down.

My advice again is for everyone to contact Sierra via the contact link I posted to let them know you are having issues playing the multiplayer.

I know we may be putting the wagon in front of the horse here, but why the moral rightousness on using a cracked version for a game that is almost 2 years old and selling for $10 on Amazon? I think its pretty safe to say that Sierra has squeezed every penny out of this game that they are going to get, so who cares if some people use a cracked version?

Granted this point may all be mute if they have the server up and running shortly, but if this thing drags on, and they are in no rush to fix it...... what alternative do we as a community have?

Just cuz Surak is using an cracked version (and has done as he said a lot of worse things then that, like rip the do not remove tags from mattresses), doesn't mean that the rest of us didn't purchase the game straight up.

I just suggest we not close this door as an option.

... why the moral rightousness on using a cracked version for a game that is almost 2 years old and selling for $10 on Amazon? I think its pretty safe to say that Sierra has squeezed every penny out of this game that they are going to get, so who cares if some people use a cracked version?

4590[/snapback]

It does not matter if it is a hundred years old. If sierra owns the rights to the game, then it is their choice to tell you how to use the game. You agreed to this upon clicking the install button.

Personally, I feel that you are correct about them having squeezed every penny out of it, and now it seems that they may be losing money running this delapidated master server to verify these codes. It should be time for them to open it up for free now.

Actually when I clicked yes under "do you accept these terms" way back when I first installed NOLF2.....I had my fingers crossed, so i'm in the clear... W00t.

we're drifting a bit off the topic here but well put Slngsht. It is part of the licensing agreement and I won't encourage people to "bend" it either.

The SFI DM server in the last 7 days recorded over 1783 players who played in there. So we need to get those people to contact sierra to let them know they can't play cause of this master server issue.

On a tangent I remember when Eliteforce went through this similar issue. In that particular case the game developer ended up taking over the Master Server.

Maybe Monolith could do that for the nolf games from Sierra.

They emailed me indicating several of their master servers were down. So it was more than NOLF 2 that was having issues.

• 3 weeks later...

**Link removed by forum Admin**

This has been addressed already in this forum

Boots up nolf2

For all you confused and lazy people i made the .bat file with a readme on how to get it into your nolf2 folder and get it working. Simple as just puting the .bat file into your nolf2 directory and double clicking.I belive its for the sfi server ill make one for the st server if they give me the ip

Sfi Doomsday Server