Csports Update

Eliteone

As rumours may have been going around I've been in a dialogue with the people at CSPORTS about how they track the nolf 2 game via points.

I wanted to update you that we are making progress and are mutually looking into ways to have CSPORTS rank players and to keep it from affecting the Nolf 2 gameplay at the same time. If you have any comments post them and I'll bring them up at my next meeting with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, I don't really like the way they do their rankings. Basically if you've only played the game for a month now, like me, you have NO chance to get on that list, as everyone there has been on it since it came out. A better idea would be daily or weekly rankings.

Or just have no rankings and just play for fun. tongue.gif

Hm, I don't really like the way they do their rankings.  Basically if you've only played the game for a month now, like me, you have NO chance to get on that list, as everyone there has been on it since it came out.  A better idea would be daily or weekly rankings.

Or just have no rankings and just play for fun. tongue.gif

6486[/snapback]

Not true, I got up into the top ten in under a month; after not playing for a solid year. They automatically bring down the players in rank that are inactive too. Although it is very misleading for rankings. Usually the person ranked #1 just plays more often than anyone. They should try to rank it by average kills per game or something.

Not true, I got up into the top ten in under a month; after not playing for a solid year.

Right! It's really not hard to get on the board, I got there in a week when I first registered at CSPORTS, but when I changed my name a little, it didn't count it, so...wtf ever.

I, personally, hate the Csport Rankings...their inaccurate...they make people obsessed with getting to #1. Like some people would go AFK in a Game just to get higher, others make their own server and go AFK in there...They should play fair, those Cheaters dry.gif

We should appreciate them trying to make it work, though....

Usually the person ranked #1 just plays more often than anyone. They should try to rank it by average kills per game or something.

Exactly!

I found out some things that would skew it. If you are registered with them, and you change your ingame name, you can change it on their site and keep your stats. Also, if you are registered, and you tell them you are leaving for a while, they will KEEP your rank for you. That would totally skew everyone's stats, So basically, its not truthful, and your rank could be completely off, even though they are now.

Haha, I just realized. If you just made your name someone elses that was in the top ten that you wanted to beat, you could change your name to theirs and just commit suicided thousands of times....don't try it...please? pcangry.gif

• 3 months later...

Just to update everyone this topic is still under discussion. Just don't rely on the SFI DD Server to help your c-sports stats and the port it uses is blocked on that server by yours truly ;)