Dead Or Alive 6's Tweaks Are Making For A Stronger Fighter

UHQBot

DOA6_lostparadisegimmick5.jpg

At a recent KOEI Tecmo event, the Dead or Alive developer let us sit down with the latest build of its new fighting game, Dead or Alive 6. 

I lost got a chance to sit down with Dead or Alive 6 with E3 and was not feeling it at the time. Since then, Team Ninja has made a number of changes to the special attack system, including incorporating it into the game's sidestep mechanic. This current build contained newcomer Diego, but did not have the recently-shown Tina, Bass, and Mila.

The Fatal Rush mechanic, which allowed players to perform an auto-combo and end with a super, has been toned down quit a bit since E3. It now does less damage overall and isn't a trump card that would ultimately become useless. The biggest change is incorporating the special button into the dodge, letting you perform an evasive move during a sidestep that blasts enemies similar to Dead or Alive 5's power blow.

The new stages are also more interactive than before. The pirate ship stage shown off earlier has multiple levels, each with different hazards. On the top deck, a kraken picks up characters and throws them around. A lower deck has treasure lining the floor, while another deck is lined with burning gun powder and tons of explosions. Another arena brings dinosaurs back to the series and delves into different Jurassic Park-like environments, complete with angry dinos.

You can check out a few matches I played with Team Ninja's community manager, Emmanuel MASTER Rodriguez, who claimed he was going all out on me. Considering his tournament wins, I am not sure I believe him, because I managed to hit him once or twice.

Dead or Alive 6 releases on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 15.

View the full article