The original Armstrong WAVs?

Although I've been playing the NOLF series ever since the release of the first game (not all the time for the past 18 years, obviously, but you get the idea), I was completely unaware that this forum, or a version of it, still exists to this day. I must say, it's a pleasant surprise to find there are still others for whom NOLF continues to live forever, so to speak.

Having said that, I don't think it's odd that I thought this would be the perfect place to ask what I've been wanting to ask for a good while now.

Years ago, on an earlier version of UnityHQ, one of the featured downloads was a copy of Magnus Armstrong's voice files from NOLF 2, as recorded by David Stalker, the original voice of Armstrong from the first NOLF. In the finished NOLF 2, he was replaced by André Sogliuzzo, but Stalker had fully completed the voice-over session before that decision was made. Someone had managed to obtain the original WAV files featuring Stalker's voice work and made them available through UnityHQ.

For years, I had a copy sitting on my hard drive, but an update taken its toll, and the files were lost to me. Imagine my great disappointment when I found that this particular download isn't present on this new version of UnityHQ.

So I guess it's not too hard to imagine what I want to ask: does anyone around here still have a copy of those original David Stalker as Magnus Armstrong in NOLF 2 WAVs? I'd be a crying shame if something like that were really lost to the mists of time...

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Unpacking the rez files should do the trick. the wav files are stored inside them if I remember correctly

I believe this would be possible by using lithrez.exe in command prompt

lithrez x packagename.rez c:\unpack here\

Its been a few years since I've done this myself, mostly used Black Angel's winrez for stuff like this. However, I'm not sure where to get that program anymore.

11 hours ago, Spawn said:

Hi,

Unpacking the rez files should do the trick. the wav files are stored inside them if I remember correctly

I believe this would be possible by using lithrez.exe in command prompt

lithrez x packagename.rez c:\unpack here\

Its been a few years since I've done this myself, mostly used Black Angel's winrez for stuff like this. However, I'm not sure where to get that program anymore.

from HERE