Graphics Improvement - Any possibility??

shrekdj

Hi friends.

I have been playing NOLF (for past 8 years.. yea cool.gif) along the lines of COD and Far Cry but none exhibit Enemy AI so brilliantly (not even NOLF 2) as NOLF 1

Recently a youtube member uploaded NOLF 2 with HDR rendering and some improved occlusions and effects in the graphics, downloaded and NOLF 2 is a breezer and amazing in looks.

Is this possible for NOLF 1? please..if any modders can come and improve the graphics with some tweaking. I seriously need some improvement in NOLF graphics. Even some editing Mod tools and guidance would be appreciated!..

Since very few people care about NOLF 1 and going crazy behind NOLF 2 it might be difficult for any one to take interest but IF someone even remotely appreciates the original for all its worth and can come up with graphics tweak . PLEASE DO SO!..........Hell its getting enough with dull graphics, I cant believe that NOLF 1 is getting sidelined with nothing to offer under "Downloads Section" that could improve and help relive the charm.

I request fellow NOLF community to make it possible by having the Original given some Boost in Graphics and Performance making at par with NOLF 2

thank and hope to have one in the downloads section SOON!

Hi friends.

I have been playing NOLF (for past 8 years.. yea cool.gif) along the lines of COD and Far Cry but none exhibit Enemy AI so brilliantly (not even NOLF 2) as NOLF 1

Recently a youtube member uploaded NOLF 2 with HDR rendering and some improved occlusions and effects in the graphics, downloaded and NOLF 2 is a breezer and amazing in looks.

Is this possible for NOLF 1? please..if any modders can come and improve the graphics with some tweaking. I seriously need some improvement in NOLF graphics. Even some editing Mod tools and guidance would be appreciated!..

Since very few people care about NOLF 1 and going crazy behind NOLF 2 it might be difficult for any one to take interest but IF someone even remotely appreciates the original for all its worth and can come up with graphics tweak . PLEASE DO SO!..........Hell its getting enough with dull graphics, I cant believe that NOLF 1 is getting sidelined with nothing to offer under "Downloads Section" that could improve and help relive the charm.

I request fellow NOLF community to make it possible by having the Original given some Boost in Graphics and Performance making at par with NOLF 2

thank and hope to have one in the downloads section SOON!

I'm not sure it is possible to update graphics on the game as it would require tweaking the engine. (The engine would need to be updated. Otherwise a new whole engine!) It would require tremendous amount of work. The current engine can only do so much.

• 7 months later...

Cameron, it is impossible to upload a texture pack upgrading the graphics. The current engine can only handle so much. What you see now is bascially what your going to get. IF (and I mean IF) some one had the time, one could create a new engine and recode and remake the entire game.... Would require A LOT of work.. Even then I am sure you would need the rights and I doubt that is something sierra or monolith would be willing to give up.

• 1 year later...

INCOMING NECROPOST DETECTED...

PLEASE STANDBY FOR NECROPOST...

NECROPOSTING IN 3... 2... 1...

POST!

Hi there NOLF fans!

Just felt like adding to this nice thread. There was a free fantasy on-line-only game that came out nearly a decade ago that used a modified lithtech 2.5 engine. I've forgotten the name of said multiplayer game, but it had bumpmapping and a few other niceties tacked on to ye olden pre-jup- lith engine. Not saying it would be easy or even practical, but it has been done. Permission to do so is another matter entirely of course.

INCOMING NECROPOST DETECTED...

PLEASE STANDBY FOR NECROPOST...

NECROPOSTING IN 3... 2... 1...

POST!

Hi there NOLF fans!

Just felt like adding to this nice thread. There was a free fantasy on-line-only game that came out nearly a decade ago that used a modified lithtech 2.5 engine. I've forgotten the name of said multiplayer game, but it had bumpmapping and a few other niceties tacked on to ye olden pre-jup- lith engine. Not saying it would be easy or even practical, but it has been done. Permission to do so is another matter entirely of course.

Welcome back fellow necroposter, isn't it nice to actually be allowed to necro threads here? I have no idea what game you are talking about but I happen to like the graphics and physics in Nolf 1. It's much more fun climbing and running in Nolf 1 because you are faster and can jump/latch onto more things more easily. It may not be natural, but thats the fun part about video games. If you really want better graphics and physics you can just play Nolf 2 (or Contract Jack lol).

I don't get how the OP thinks the AI in Nolf 1 is better than in Nolf 2. They seem pretty similar, except that in Nolf 2 there's some obvious improvements, like how they actually know how to use ladders and will kick open doors so you can't just block them/shoot them through the window or door opening. They will also notice an open door/drawer/cabinet and get suspicious in Nolf 2, unlike Nolf 1. I guess they give up searching for you faster in Nolf 2, and also will lose you more easily if you run and hide, but both of those things are more realistic and make it so you don't feel like the AI is cheating.

Edited by CoLdOwN