Custom LivesForever mod

Hi i was wondering what the custom LivesForever mod does? I take its something to do with playing online in servers without using a master server? i think...

I haven't entered my cd key in yet so does the mod bypass this because cd keys were only used on the master server side of things? Will there ever be an issue joining a server using the same ip from 2 machines in my house?

Also will the mod mess with the regular game if i play single player story or will it affect LAN play between the computers i have in the house?

thanks

Blam

Since it bypasses the now defunct master server it also bypasses CD key checking (was done by the master server for online play originally)

So to answer your question shouldn't be a problem.

Since it bypasses the now defunct master server it also bypasses CD key checking (was done by the master server for online play originally)

So to answer your question shouldn't be a problem.

When going online to play multiplayer, it prevents your computer from checking in with what used to be the Master Server at Sierra Games (no longer running) and stopping you because of a failed CD check.

In addition, the LivesForever Mod does, in fact, affect regular gameplay. If you play the single-player version of the game, it will cause a bug in one level about mid-way through that prevents you from going onward.

[spoiler BELOW][just in case]

The bug is in the Russian Main Records Building, when extracting information from the Super Computer. With the LivesForever Mod running, you will not be able to complete the mission, the door will not open, and you will be stuck - alone- inside the SuperComputer room with no way out.

If you save a game while using the LivesForever Mod, you will need to use that mod again in order to load the games. You cannot load LivesForever Saved Games without using that mod. It's a quirk. I recommend just unloading the mod if you plan on starting a new single-player campaign. Personally, though, I tend to just load from a selection of favorite saved levels, or from the chapter list, I play, and then exit without saving. The mod is not an issue.

Edited by kepler

If you start a single player game and don't get Santa's dialog options at the very start of the game then you've got the mod loaded.

I ran across that bug recently, but figured it was just a Windows 7 64-bit quirk so just passed on getting the free skill points. I got all the way to the Main Records Building before I hit the showstopper bug. Ooops. The LivesForever mod problem also explained why I kept aggroing the guards from huge distances, too.