Getting the Games

Blammo

Hi, i was wondering if you could help me out with some game info....

I'm looking to buy the 2 Nolfs and CJ full version games for me and my 2 young boys who currently only play the demos on our 2 computer LAN. I'm probably going to buy the full games used on Amazon since I've seen them fairly cheap on there. What i was wondering is how many copies will i need of each? Do i have to buy 2 each so i get 2 cd keys to play internet with the 2 comps or can i use the same cd key and install on both comps?

Any info or help in this area would be great. I see there is a Game of the Year edition too....

Blam

Technically per the licensing agreements you'd have to have a copy for each person playing at the same time.

There are no doubt ways out there to make it work though.

As they are relatively inexpensive to purchase I'd pick up copies for everyone playing.

ok thanks for the info.

I was wondering if someone could fill me in a little about the multi-player community since that these are older games. What should expect when we want to play? How are the 3 main games populated? Is one game more popular than the rest.......is it hard to find people to play against?

I will probably buy Nolf 1 first and then work my way to part 2 and then CJ. I'm guessing the most popular reviewed game by the fans holds the most players?

Blam

Edited by Blammo

ok thanks for the info.

I was wondering if someone could fill me in a little about the multi-player community since that these are older games. What should expect when we want to play? How are the 3 main games populated? Is one game more popular than the rest.......is it hard to find people to play against?

I will probably buy Nolf 1 first and then work my way to part 2 and then CJ. I'm guessing the most popular reviewed game by the fans holds the most players?

Blam

I think you can still find some NOLF1 servers running. We run 3 24/7 public servers for Nolf2 here at UnityHQ

thanks, i guess i should do some more forum reading before i ask questions already asked. Just read that most people play part 2 over the 1st nolf and CJ game. What is it about part 2 that makes it better than the other 2 in the series?

oh and is the cd key located on the back of the cd case? I need to know this when ordering a used version...

Printed on the front jacket of the CD case.

NOLF2 had better graphics etc. to answer your other question.

got mine through amazon in the mail today!

i finally figured i had to update the game to 1.3 before the custom button would appear. Not sure if you have that step listed on the join servers info. Just tried to join the servers that i saw but i had a resource message pop up. Guessing that means i am missing maps so i'm downloading the map pack as i type.

Me and the kids know nothing of this game besides the 2 levels in the demo so if you see some noobs running around it's probably us hehe..

My oldest son (6yrs old) goes by the name Logan Ironeyes, my youngest son (4yrs old) is Baby Boyce, and i go by Blammo. Hope to see some of you guys on sometime... :)

Blam