Info String

Blammo

Does anyone know more about the World Info/Info String box?

This is where i use the Ambient Light command but a long time ago i noticed on some other mappers ed's that they had additional info there. I was wondering if it was needed and what would prompt them to use it on a map? Looks like it has to do with lightmaps? The info i found is below...

PBlockSize 2048; LMGridSize 32; MaxLMSize 32

also if there are any other useful info string commands it would be nice to know..

thanks

Blam

Does anyone know more about the World Info/Info String box?

This is where i use the Ambient Light command but a long time ago i noticed on some other mappers ed's that they had additional info there. I was wondering if it was needed and what would prompt them to use it on a map? Looks like it has to do with lightmaps? The info i found is below...

PBlockSize 2048; LMGridSize 32; MaxLMSize 32

also if there are any other useful info string commands it would be nice to know..

thanks

Blam

yeah...lighting

all i know is it speeds up lighting process

theres a formula for geting the vaules for the "LightTableRes" but im not sure what it is

its like you add the # of input polys and output polys and divide or somthing...i dunno lol sry

i just use somthing like

"ambientlight 30 30 30;LightTableRes 512" or 256

and speeds up the lighting process

cool..

when using either 256 and 512 is there a lighting quality difference on screen that you will notice or have noticed? Which one is faster and do you use it on a map regardless of whether it has light issues or not?

cool..

when using either 256 and 512 is there a lighting quality difference on screen that you will notice or have noticed? Which one is faster and do you use it on a map regardless of whether it has light issues or not?

lighting quality,depends on "brush properties" and "light properties" you set,

and if you can use square or larger burhes where lights are shineing,it looks better ...

...vertex points seem to look nasty (do to shadows) when lit up ,uless the area is flat...

but somtimes ajusting the brush properties can fix any nasty-ness...

if pocessing is getting slower as map progresses,

and i have lots of lights ,i just add the string...

512 seems to work the fastest