NanoTech

If there was another character instead of Cate, would you be fascinated again?

5 posts in this topic

For example, if there was a male character instead of Cate Archer,  would you be fascinated again ? 

I'm curious about if our biggest reason to love this game is "Cate" or something else... 

Edited by NanoTech

If it wasn't for Cate, today I wouldn't be a feminist. Simple as that.

The whole love affair Ive always had with the Nolf series particularly  Nolf 1 was the humor and a attraction to the Cate character. She was not only battling the bad guys but was fighting for respect in a all male  world in the  1960's and I guess  in a cartoon sense she was attractive. With all things going on she was vulnerable as well as tough as nails, just a great story line to build on. Sorry to say it, but Contract Jack didn't have that great complex story line, it was more of a arcade shooter and was very forgettable unlike the Nolf 1 and 2. In  Contract Jack they tried to be funny but Jack was borring, no character and dull so nobody found it that funny cause nobody gave 2 $%#@& about Jack. But in Nolf 1 and 2 EVERYONE  loved Cate. So to anwser your question NanoTech the male/ female thing was part of it but its all in the story for me!

• Like 1

The same goes for other games which have women protagonist. 
For ex. Tomb Raider (Lara Croft) series, Mirror's Edge. (Faith Connors) :) 

NOLF is the complete package. Cate is simply the mascot.