URA's Multiplayer Launcher

URA

New game launcher mod:

78.jpg

Purpose: Allow players to join a server straight from the launcher without the need of other programs or scripts (e.g., Join By IP, xfire, Gamespy, batch file, ect.).

Features: Built in server list with server query and player list

Auto mod loading for selected server

Smart .rez loading

Unlocked display resolution in display settings with auto FOV setting (widescreen support), no need to edit .ini files anymore.

Installer also includes my Server Mod Beta 0.3.1

Purpose: Host games that self publishes to a server list used by Join By IP, LivesForeverPlus, Weapons-05b & URA's Multiplayer Launcher.

Features: Self publishing

-mod command line option

Download page.

New game launcher mod:

78.jpg

Purpose: Allow players to join a server straight from the launcher without the need of other programs or scripts (e.g., Join By IP, xfire, Gamespy, batch file, ect.).

Features: Built in server list with server query and player list

Auto mod loading for selected server

Smart .rez loading

Unlocked display resolution in display settings with auto FOV setting (widescreen support), no need to edit .ini files anymore.

Installer also includes my Server Mod Beta 0.3.1

Purpose: Host games that self publishes to a server list used by Join By IP, LivesForeverPlus, Weapons-05b & URA's Multiplayer Launcher.

Features: Self publishing

-mod command line option

Download page.

Nice job!

Hey URA...if i play in higher resolution then 1024 x 798...i tried 1920 x 1080...the rooms looking very long and the walls come closer to me when i run

That is how it should look at that resolution since you gain more field of view to match the displays aspect (examples 4:3 vs 16:10).

and if i press TAB in game it crashes...any idea?

That doesn't happen on either PC I tested with (Win 7, Radeon HD 5770 @ 1440x900 & Win XP, Mobility Radeon 9700 @ 1920x1200). Has this happen before when playing at 1920x1080?

That doesn't happen on either PC I tested with (Win 7, Radeon HD 5770 @ 1440x900 & Win XP, Mobility Radeon 9700 @ 1920x1200). Has this happen before when playing at 1920x1080?

Nope..it never happened before...i switched back to old launcher and it works again

i use an ati 4850

Nope..it never happened before...i switched back to old launcher and it works again

i use an ati 4850

Are you on the latest video driver for your card Natter?

i use an ati 4850

Hmm... so it's only playable with the old launcher at 1920x1080? Also what game mode did the crash occur?

Since you switched back to the old launcher, can you add this to the command-line in options on the old launcher (and check the box below) to see if the crash also occurs:

-rez WideScreenFix.rez +fovx 106.26 +fovy 78.0 +fovxinterface 106.26 +pvmodelfov 65 +pvmodelaspect 1.599954 +ScreenWidth 1920 +ScreenHeight 1080 +BitDepth 32

Hey URA, nice job there. Finally I've found the best solution for that darn widescreen monitor :D

The only thing I don't like is... err how to say... is there sort of block in the mod there? Why the attributes I've set to the game thru text files don't work?

For example, I didn't like some interface details, and I played with edited INTERFACE.txt file. Now when I use this launcher, all the fonts, interface details are gone somewehre... any solution for that? Thanks in advance! :)

(How often do you play CJ, though? I might show up someday ;))

Hey URA, nice job there. Finally I've found the best solution for that darn widescreen monitor :D

The only thing I don't like is... err how to say... is there sort of block in the mod there? Why the attributes I've set to the game thru text files don't work?

For example, I didn't like some interface details, and I played with edited INTERFACE.txt file. Now when I use this launcher, all the fonts, interface details are gone somewehre... any solution for that? Thanks in advance! :)

(How often do you play CJ, though? I might show up someday ;))

The launcher will load WideScreenFix.rez if a widescreen resolution is set, it only contains Attributes\Layout.txt. It's purpose is to keep a few interface items from running off screen (chat input and most menu items).

If you want, you can apply your changes to WideScreenFix.rez or even delete it.

I haven't played much CJ lately, but plan to get back into it ;)

• 1 year later...