Password for No CD Crack - Mac

I downloaded the No CD Crack, but the DMG requires a password to mount, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anybody know what it is?

Thanks,

Berch

Hi

From the person who provided us the file. Hope it helps with your question:

There shouldn't be a password on any of the files. The ZIP file contains another SIT file that has the patched Mac app inside of that, as well as a dummy CD disk image (dmg) if needed. Most probably if someone is using the wrong decompression software it can return an error that may ask for a password or just not extract anything from the file.

I have three Mac archive apps that I use, in case one won't open something else. Stuffit Expander is a veteran in the Mac decompression game and opens all manner of things. If that doesn't work I use BetterZip (Mac app) or The Unarchiver (Mac too). Most decompression software that is only for ZIP files won't open SIT files on the Mac.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to clarify, I get prompted for a password on the .dmg file.

I click on on the file I downloaded (NOLF2-NoCDPatchMac.zip) and it unzips fine. The only file that comes out of the .zip is NOLF2-NoCDPatchMac.dmg. I click on that and the system tells me to enter a password. I'm using Snow Leopard, the latest version.

Thanks,

Berch

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just to clarify, I get prompted for a password on the .dmg file.

I click on on the file I downloaded (NOLF2-NoCDPatchMac.zip) and it unzips fine. The only file that comes out of the .zip is NOLF2-NoCDPatchMac.dmg. I click on that and the system tells me to enter a password. I'm using Snow Leopard, the latest version.

Thanks,

Berch

What extraction utility is it using?

The file works with the one mentioned by the provider of the file.

I was just using the native tools in OS X, but since the person who provided the file specifically mentioned it, I just now tried Stuffit Expander, and was also prompted for a password.

Are you trying it? Or is it just working for the provider of the file? I ask because the provider of the file probably has the .DMG password stored in their OS X keychain and so wouldn't be prompted.

I was just using the native tools in OS X, but since the person who provided the file specifically mentioned it, I just now tried Stuffit Expander, and was also prompted for a password.

Are you trying it? Or is it just working for the provider of the file? I ask because the provider of the file probably has the .DMG password stored in their OS X keychain and so wouldn't be prompted.

I don't have a Mac. I do know that the file has been downloaded lots and you are only the second person to have this issue.

I'll try to contact the person who provided us the file. In the meantime I'd suggest using your NOLF2 CD 1 to play the game until a solution can be found.

Thanks. I'll see if I can't dig the crack up somewhere else, too, and maybe share it back. These macbook airs need a USB cd-rom, which is a huge pain, so I think there'll be more people interested in this soon....

I already have a Mac Nolf2 no-cd binary but I've tried this file and also got prompted for a password.

Can you personal message me a link to download your working file then Jill?

I already have a Mac Nolf2 no-cd binary but I've tried this file and also got prompted for a password.

Thanks for checking, I was starting to wonder if I was being terribly stupid about something...

• 1 year later...

Hi all and Eliteone!

I've been away from Nolf and UHQ for awhile, but have popped back now since I have a new Mac mini and started fiddling with Nolf again. I looked in my archives for this crack and discovered the original DMG I had DID ask for a password! Hmmm, didn't see that the first time, and the nested SIT (Stuffit) file was unnecessary. I have repackaged the NOLF2 NO CD MAC patch into a ZIP with only three files. These files are...

1. The patched Nolf2.app (named "NOLF2 [P]" to show that it is patched).

2. A hint PDF about the 60Hz setting maybe improving play.

3. A dummy DMG disc image (no password on it) called "NOLF2 No CD (open with DiskImageMounter)", with the original Mac install disc structure (excluding game data).

If Eliteone PMs me I have the new file ready to go. Sorry about the previous error. I had only repackaged a No CD patch I had found somewhere else (don't remember where).

I now have a new Mac mini running Lion, so am going to try and get Nolf 1 or 2 running on it. Either the Mac version (currently PPC apps) or PC version under Wine. This will also be in 1920x1080, so I'll read up on the tweaks required for that. I am also curious to find out if the PC EXEs for Nolf can use the Mac data folder (it looks like PC-based data, .cfgs, .dlls, and that sort), and Macplay only made the Mac apps access the existing PC data (makes sense really).

Before I download the PC install discs could someone package just the essential EXE files (in the main Nolf folder, not the much larger folder/directory of rez files, etc.), and send them to me? I already have the retail versions of Nolf 1&2 for Mac. This is purely for my own experimenting, but the results may be useful in getting either version of Nolf to run on an Intel Mac. If I install Xcode I might make some Mac tools that can help access some tweaks too, maybe.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Oh, I will update my sig too.

--mike