Custom Option Missing?

Cate92

Hi everyone ,

I wanted to play NOLF 2 with Uras Mods but I noticed that the Option "Custom" on the Main Menu is missing. I reinstalled the game several times but it didn't work. Also I cleaned my registry with a tool from all unnecessary NOLF 2.

Hi everyone ,

I wanted to play NOLF 2 with Uras Mods but I noticed that the Option "Custom" on the Main Menu is missing. I reinstalled the game several times but it didn't work. Also I cleaned my registry with a tool from all unnecessary NOLF 2.

Welcome to the forum.

What version of Windows are you using etc. ?

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit.

Here's a "workaround" (I'm not near my PC with the game so this was the first option I've thought of so far)

Right click your nolf 2 desktop icon select properties

On the target line there is "C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\NOLF2.exe"

simply add the name of the mod you wish to run for example "C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\NOLF2.exe" -mod put name of mod here

Then when you launch nolf 2 your game will be running in that mod. this bypasses the custom button.

Search the forum too as I know your issue has been experienced by others before and there may be a better solution to resolve it already here on the forum.

Here's a "workaround" (I'm not near my PC with the game so this was the first option I've thought of so far)

Right click your nolf 2 desktop icon select properties

On the target line there is "C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\NOLF2.exe"

simply add the name of the mod you wish to run for example "C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\NOLF2.exe" -mod put name of mod here

Then when you launch nolf 2 your game will be running in that mod. this bypasses the custom button.

Search the forum too as I know your issue has been experienced by others before and there may be a better solution to resolve it already here on the forum.

Just an FYI, if the mods are not properly installed, the 'Custom' button does not show up.

Just an FYI, if the mods are not properly installed, the 'Custom' button does not show up.

Good point. Spaced on that one.

Make sure the mods are in the \custom\mods folder etc.

Hi ,

I was also missing the custom tab but I have it now.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I first installed for example the GrowOp mod by putting the GrowOp.rez file in F:\Games\No One Lives Forever 2\custom\mods\GrowOp.rez => no custom tab

Then I put the GrowOP.rez file in a map that I named GrowOP => F:\Games\No One Lives Forever 2\custom\mods\GrowOp\GrowOp.rez => custom Tab

So instead of dumping the .rez mod files directly in the mods folder put them first in a map and then in the mods folder ; this works for me with the mods that I have for NOLF 2 (GrowOP and BRTD)