Help Wanted

I am assembling a demo of a very specialized piece of software. This is not for a game. I will elaborate more to whomever might be interested. I have 3D Studio models and maps which I would like to assemble into an instructional tool. I am adept with graphics and computer modeling, but not with the NOLF tools.

• 3 weeks later...
I am assembling a demo of a very specialized piece of software.  This is not for a game.  I will elaborate more to whomever might be interested.   I have 3D Studio models and maps which I would like to assemble into an instructional tool.   I am adept with graphics and computer modeling, but not with the NOLF tools.

4126[/snapback]

If you are using 3DSM 3 or 4 with character studio, you can use the plug-ins that come with the Nolf2 tools to convert them into lta files that you can import into MEdit and DEdit, the map and modeling tool.

If your version is higher than 3DSM 4, I believe you can still convert the maps (geometry/no bones) into obj that you can import into DEdit, the map tool.

Milkshape can convert an obj to an abc (Nolf1) model, but the model's axis is wrong so animations won't work right.

I also hear of a program that claims to convert to lta called 3D Object Converter (not free). It may just read lta though, can't remember...

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ms3d/

http://web.axelero.hu/karpo/