I recently formatted and reloaded my old computer.

After reinstalling, I first got "Invalid shell DLL cshell.dll". This had nothing to do with my .rez files, which are very streamlined. I ignored this, and selected the Lives Forever Mod, and the game ALMOST launched. Now I got "ERROR in CInterfaceMgr::Init(): Could not initialize Cursor!"

Windows Home XP Service Pack 3. NVIDEO GeForce6600. 4GB RAM. Same machine I have played on for years.

I'll keep picking at it on and off. If anyone has any insights, shout 'em out, though.

Thanks.

Kep

I recently formatted and reloaded my old computer.

After reinstalling, I first got "Invalid shell DLL cshell.dll". This had nothing to do with my .rez files, which are very streamlined. I ignored this, and selected the Lives Forever Mod, and the game ALMOST launched. Now I got "ERROR in CInterfaceMgr::Init(): Could not initialize Cursor!"

Windows Home XP Service Pack 3. NVIDEO GeForce6600. 4GB RAM. Same machine I have played on for years.

I'll keep picking at it on and off. If anyone has any insights, shout 'em out, though.

Thanks.

Kep

Are you running the latest Nvidia drivers for you Video Card?

Since reinstalling have you installed Direct X 9c yet?

Have you updated your audio drivers to the latest since the reinstall?

Finally you updated with all the official patches before adding the Livesforever mod?

Everything but the patches. I reinstall this so rarely, I forget all about those.

Thanks, E1. Done.

No worries glad to help you get it sorted out.