How to Install NOLF to 64 bit Windows Vista or Windows 7

Well I have daemon tools lite but for some reason I can't make a Iso image of the disks. I have disk two but disk one was losted during a move. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'll keep trying. I've downloaded the zip files from here but now i'm lost.

Well I have daemon tools lite but for some reason I can't make a Iso image of the disks. I have disk two but disk one was losted during a move. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'll keep trying. I've downloaded the zip files from here but now i'm lost.

Unzip disc 1 and if you want to use the installer bucko made downloadit from the UHQ downloads and run it.

I was able to directly install and play the game on a Dell Inspiron N5110 Laptop (Intel Core i3, Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-bit) with no issues. The installer indicates Game of the Year Edition prominently, so it is different from the installer for the original release. The game installs as Version 1.004 from the CDs.

Thanks, I'll update my pages to confirm this.

I'd assume since it came out later they moved to a 32 bit installer for GOTY version.

No luck, I unzip disc 1 and then I unzip the installer of bucko's and run it but it simply says unable to find the cd.

Without having actually run Bucko's installer I assume it may be looking for the CD in your CD drive. If that's the case you may need to burn disc1 to a CD.

Hopefully Bucko sees this soon and can provide clarification.

Other choice would be to install NOLF to an XP machine and copy over the folder to your Win 7 machine and do a registry export from the XP machine (NOLF entries) and import them into the Windows 7 machine.

What do you mean by "unzipped" the disc? If you have a disc image, just use daemon tools or similar to mount it as a virtual CD-ROM, the installer will work fine then.

If he downloaded it from here then each disc would be a .zip file. I assume he extracted it. Does the installer you made allow them to browse to the location of the media.

Not sure how a disc can be a zip file, you mean it's a zip file that contains an .iso image ?

Meaning when I uploaded the discs to our site they are .zip (compressed files) of the actual disc.

I could make ISOs if people actually wanted to burn them to a physical CD but most simply extract them and just run the setup.exe files in them to install.

oh I see, doesn't disc 2 have audio tracks and things though? I would have expected them to be in .iso format yeah. Those that don't want to burn the images could then just use Daemon Tools. The installers for the retail NOLF so naturally it expects a CD.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I can't seem to install my Game, I've tried every step, all I get is uncompatible mode again and again, there must be a patch for sure for this game.

There is check it out HERE

Welcome to UHQ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, a new member here! :s134:

I'm having a bit of a problem with NOLF on my 64bit Windows 7. I've used the installer both for the game and the patch available from the Dowloads section above. Everything seemed to run smoothly until it was time to actually launch the game.

It turns out that the game isn't able to locate the CD. A pop-up window appears whenever I try to lauch the game saying the following:

Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application

I'm using Daemon, and I have the CD1 image mounted in Daemon. I've tried to mount both the CD1 and CD2 images. I've also tried the alternative method described in the very first post of this thread, but it doesn't work either - still the game says that there's no CD.

Any ideas what to do? The only issue seems to be, that despite the CD image being mounted on Daemon, the game claims there's no CD...

Edited by ArcherFan

Try changing the DT cd drive letter. If you have an actual optical drive that's say, drive D:, make the DT virtual drive D: and your physical drive change that to another letter e.g F: G: Any letter as long as it comes AFTER the DT drive letter.

Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately that method didn't work for me. It still says that there's no CD. :cry2:

I've also tried to run the application in a different compatibility mode, but it doesn't work either...

Edited by ArcherFan