More rumors about the Nolf series coming to GOG

• 4 weeks later...

If i understand correctly, Night Dive Studios will not remaster the game. They will fix bugs, make nolf compatible with 16:9 ratio and Windows 10 etc.

Hmm. I want remastered edition. Revival is not enough. We can achieve both games with multi player support thanks to our community, donators, mods and Eliteone. 

Actually revival edition is not enough but good. Many new people will learn and play NOLF series, eh ?

Edited by NanoTech

Well, if this comes to reality and enough people buy it and play it,  they may do a remaster, but considering the years its been dead I guess we are lucky...one step at a time is the order of the day.

Edit:   As long as they don't charge too much for it.

• Like 2
  • reaction_title_2 1

On 8/21/2018 at 4:27 PM, Larry said:

Well, if this comes to reality and enough people buy it and play it,  they may do a remaster, but considering the years its been dead I guess we are lucky...one step at a time is the order of the day.

Edit:   As long as they don't charge too much for it.

https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/NightDiveStudios/

Their games aren't so expensive i think...

Edited by NanoTech
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting, I thought they had given up on this years ago when none of the potential rights holders were that interested in working out a deal with them or even finding out if they still had rights to the game. Particularly Warner Bros. who even threatened legal action if they went forward with re-releasing the game. I wish they'd just tell us what kind of progress has been made since then.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I thought GOG gave up on this due to WB, Activision and Fox dicking around.

If NOLF does get a remaster a la Turok, I’d be estatic. I still have persistent troubles with stuttering on NOLF 1, only reducing it to manageable levels. If Night Dive secured the rights and did a remaster to get it running smoothly on Windows 10 at widescreen with good performance, it’d bring so many new fans to the series.

• Like 1

Here's a relevant article with a video on the matter:

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/gog-night-dive-hinting-no-one-livers-forever-might-return/

In the first 30 seconds of the video, they say it's an ongoing process dependent on new developments. Like one of the companies finding out that they may not have been 100% correct in saying they have no rights to the game. The article also mentions and shows that someone asked GOG if Nolf is coming to the service, and Stephen Kick, the CEO of Night Dive, replied with a wry smile. This suggests that it's not a done deal yet and could be why they haven't announced anything yet.

• 2 years later...