Black screen

I just bought this game and was very excited to play it. Game of the year 2000 (or is it 2001?) and all...I'm not disappointed, not at all. Nevertheless i'm kinda pissed off (lol). I'm having only one problem with the game: whenever i get into water the screen turns all into black (actually i can see the cursor and my stuff...).

First i was praying to not needing to get into water, and then the submarine mission came...

Can anyone help me? I've been looking for a way to fix this but found nothing still...

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

Welcome to the UnityHQ forum.

So we can help you with troubleshooting this problem can you answer a couple of questions for me?

What version of NOLF are you running? (have you installed all the patches for the game?) We have all the patches for it in our downloads section.

What version of Windows are you using?

• 3 weeks later...

Are you using a laptop with an integrated Intel video chipset? Underwater going "all black" is a known issue in those circumstances. :/

I'm having the same issue and I am on an intel integrated chipset on a laptop. Is there ANY way around it? I have been buying old games to play on my laptop cause my main gaming computer is in the shop. Will be... unhappy if there's no way to resolve this.

Thanks for any replies.

I'm having the same issue and I am on an intel integrated chipset on a laptop. Is there ANY way around it? I have been buying old games to play on my laptop cause my main gaming computer is in the shop. Will be... unhappy if there's no way to resolve this.

Thanks for any replies.

Welcome to the forum.

A couple things to check:

What version of Direct X are you running?

You can see if there is an updated driver for your particular chipset from the Intel site.

If you lower the screen refresh rate does it solve the issue?

You could also try to run the game in Windows compatibility mode.

Also something to try. If you connect an external monitor to the laptop does it work then?