Your most liberal/Conservative view

I never hoped to suggest that liberals are morons. I am suggesting that the liberals in this thread are not being true to themselves, as bella and I have been. I am not suggesting that you find something you agree on with Hitler, just the conservative view. Seems like liberals are stuck in theire views, and that is why they have been getting pwned in every election this country has had in the last 8 years. Only when they find middle ground with the "conservatives" of the world will they gain any noteriety and success. Until that time they will have to live on the op-ed pages of the NY times. biggrin.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be right.....but I don't think so. The elections you speak of have actually been very predictable historically speaking. I don't think there's ever been a war-time president that hasn't been reelected. I knew after the 9/11 attacks that this country wouldn't come together and embrace peace, love, and understanding; it's all about anger, resentment, and revenge. This was the perfect opportunity for Bush and company to legislate out of fear. I don't recall any publicized terrorist threats coming from the White House since the election, how odd. People vote with their emotions and against their own best interests when they are frightened. There were no WMDs, yet we ignored countries that actually do have nuclear capabilities. The economy is no longer in the toilet, it's made it's way to the proverbial sewer by now. The government is cutting education and destroying the environment and religious dogma is now favored as opposed to logic and reason. Karl Rove is a certifiable genius, no question about that, but him and his padawan G.W. Bush can't reign forever; the world is becoming more progressive as we speak, conservatives can't hold it back no matter what they do, so I shant be too worried in the long run.

And as for you, "I never hoped to suggest that liberals are morons"... yes you did. Your tone so far has been condescending and implicative of just that. That in and of itself is rather insulting. How silly to use the two or three progressive-minded people that have replied to this thread as a barometer for all liberals everywhere. I too hold generalities of conservatives but I would never utilize them as evidence of the true nature of such a large group of people, especially since I'm proven wrong time and again.

Golly me, I gave up reading this like five posts ago when I realized that one thing... One VERY important thing... Which has gotten lost on the way here.

It's for the fun and the interesting discussion.

Not to expose liberals, not to make a jerk of anyone, not to glorify conservativism. Come on peeps, it would not hurt y'all to lighten up a bit. If you think it's a stupid topic or one to which you could not possibly add anything cuz you're 100% one thing or the other... Then no one is making you post. So let's all just chill out and get back on track.

But I do have one question. Am I liberal or conservative? I've always considered myself conservative light, but that would be according to European standards and not US such. So I'm having a hard time knowing which side I should pick from. :S

I can't help if you interpretation of what I wrote is not that of my intention daybreak. That is for you to work out not me.

If you want to sit on your conspiracy theories on why there has been no "Public terrorism threat" since the election....again its for you, Oliver Stone, and other conspiracy theorists to work out.

If you think that this country is moving in a "progressive" direction, please enlighten me on how you think so. When our judges get approved see if you are still singing the same tune. This country is strong because our leader did not cow-tow to foiegn influences like his predessesor. And as far as the economy is concerned, not sure what industry you are in....but mine is doing quite well.

I do listen to Air America every morning on the way to work for entertainment purposes to hear how the libs are crying and whining about everything under the sun. Please continue to do so. We will win the elections in a year, and the presidential election again in 2008.

offtopic.gif

This an interesting topic idea and I hope people will try to adhere to it a little more instead of turning this into a debate or name calling. So to remind everyone... whatever your political stance is, list one thing that is contradictory to what your side supports that YOU are in favor of.

On a serious note. I do appreciate daybreak taking the time to write his responses. Whether I agree with what he says or not is of no matter. At least he has the gumption to state it.

Ok this is my second liberal trait!

I admire daybreak's gumption!

biggrin.gif

I found something! I found something!

I'm a liberal, but I don't wanna see Turkey join the European Union. Well, that might not seem very conservative, I know. So I guess I heve to explain.

1) We don't share the same culture. I'm not talking about Turkish people who've lived in Europe for years, I'm talking about those who still live there. Of course, we buy the same junk food, but well...

2) 90% of Turkey is located in the Asian Midle East, not Europe.

3) They've got some important improvements to make regarding human rights. Not to mention the *Armenian* (thank you Goo) genocide they still don't wanna accept and apologize for. Most of the liberals consider that these countries will learn democracy with time, after joining the EU. Hmmm... Sorry, we're an economic community, first. The main goal or European pionneers was to avoid any other inter-European conflict thanks to a competitive economy. That's why we've always accepted countries that "knew how to behave" already, and that had reached some goals. The purpose of EU has never been to teach democracy to former dictatures or islamic countries...

I was raised conservative but now I float in the middle as an independent.

Conservative views:

Smaller Federal Government, more power to state and local government.

The tax code needs to be reformed.

Liberal views:

Maybe socialized medicine isn't so bad. ( I realize Knix just had a heart attack laugh.gif)

Pro-gay marriage

Pro-Choice

Libertarian view:

I understand the context of the 2nd amendment (right to bear arms) and support it.

user posted image

Thanks to busted tees

"We both want to be happy, provide a better life for our children, and to pursue whatever dreams we see fit to pursue."

Is there a liberal here who believes that the Iraqi people deserve these rights?

OK. Here are my liberal views: 1. Abortion should be legal in the case of storm or to save the life (not the quality of life) of the mother. 2. The government should do something about the rapidly rising cost of health insurance. I don't know what that should be, but something needs to be done. Insurance rates are rising by over 15% per year! Clearly, this is not sustainable.

--Indy

"We both want to be happy, provide a better life for our children, and to pursue whatever dreams we see fit to pursue."

Is there a liberal here who believes that the Iraqi people deserve these rights?

Sure, Indy. I just don't see what this sentence has to do with the topic... Are you trying to say that people who did not (or still don't) support the war support dictatorship? Uh... that's a bit too manichaean, maybe.

Well while we're talking about general goodness, lil' bunnies and flowers, why not force the almighty pharmaceutic industry to give up a litlle percentage of their tremendous yearly profits for the sake of African people who get contaminated by AIDS everyday, but can't afford for a therapy? unsure.gif

Another Liberal view for this Conservative.

Sen. Bill Frist is a loon, and scares the beejesus out of me. He is not good for the Republican Party, and not good for the American People. This guy would put through an amendment to ban pre-marital sex if he was able. Very Dangerous fellow, want him out of the party.

oooooh another Conservative liberal view from GDI! I forgot about the conversion thingy in this forum, so at first was not sure why a person could not have an abortion during a storm.

Thanks for the input.

1) I miss Bloom County with a passion. Cartoons today besides Dilbert and Fox Trot just suck out loud.

Opus!!!!!

2) Uh, ya wanna join [sT] ??? tongue.giflaugh.gif

Also a note to my fellow conservatives (the other 3 in the NOLF community!)....Let us hear from you as well! Step up to the plate! Abortion, gay marrige, the inheritance tax, nuclear proliferation, the pledge of allegience, your secret love of Maplethorpe's art......BRING ITTTTTT!

laugh.gif  laugh.gif

3971[/snapback]

oh am i one of the 3?

hello. my name is lodingi and i am conservative.

crowd shouts back "Hi Lodingi"!!

my most liberal view is i am pro-choice.

Sorry, slow to find this topic

I believe in stem cell research

I believe in evolution

Edit: Just in case some of you have been in a hole for the past two years, I am a conservative.

I believe in evolution

Edit:  Just in case some of you have been in a hole for the past two years, I am a conservative.

4677[/snapback]

crowd shouts back "Hi RXS"! or as bongchick would say "High RXS"! LOL!!

I believe in evolution

Edit:  Just in case some of you have been in a hole for the past two years, I am a conservative.

4677[/snapback]

dam. i forgot about stem cell research. i also support it. that would have been safer saying aloud than pro-choice. dam.

Hello? *echo echo echo echo*

Where did everybody go *go echo go echo go echo*

Hmmm....just me and you Lodi...I think someone farted and cleared the place out :0