3 questions

NOLFFAN

Hello all

As the title of the thread says,i have 3 questions that have been bothering me for a while.OK,they are:-

1. After playing through the missions,you sometimes get awards.I have come across 14:-

1. Bullet Avoidance Commendation

Issued by the UNITY Apparel Supply Department

2. Thanks for Not Getting Hurt Award

Issued by Mr Jones, Chief of Unity

3. Armor Bonus: Operational Safety Medal

Issued by the UNITY Field Agent Insurance Division

4. Armor Bonus: Undamaged Operatives Certificate

Issued by the UNITY Body Armor Repair Shop

5. Prudent Targeting Commendation.

Issued by Overworked Surgeons United

6. Certificate for Self-Preservation.

Issued by the UNITY Recruiting Office

7. Bullet Avoidance Commendation.

Issued by the UNITY Apparel Supply Department.

8. Award for Marksmanship.

Issued by the International Association of Neurologists.

9. Exceptional Role Model Certificate

Issued by the Gun Society of Great Britian.

10.Non-Injury Award

Issued by the UNITY Medical Division.

11.Stealth Award

Isssued by the International Spy Union.

12.Massive Reciprocal Damage Award

Issued by the Construction workers' Union.

13.Ammo Expenditure Award

Issued by the National Amourer's Guild.

14.Operational Safety Medal.

Issued by the UNITY Field Agent Insurance Division.

Does anybody,know of any other awards that i have missed out?.

2. How do you get the health bonus in NOLF?(increased health bar).I have played it plenty of times and never got this bonus.

3. I have played NOLF about 7-8 through,but there is one thing i would like to know.Which gear(Antitoxin,fire extinguisher,earplugs,Bandages) do you select for each of the missions?.I always tend to end up picking the wrong thing and losing health.hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for looking.

Colin

Welcome to the forum.

Been awhile since I've played the Single Player for NOLF 1

I'll see what I can find out for you.

oh i can help you in all nolf1 missions you must pick up all inteligence items in every mission but becareful that in nolf1 conversations in unity for train gadgets there's some items you can get into the conversations... so thats it.. you must get all items of the missions so you will get extra armor, extra health, extra ammunition, etc.. for example i have 110 of health and 130 of armor by picking up the inteligence items =D i hope i could help you..

best regards

BlackCatz

oh i can help you in all nolf1 missions you must pick up all inteligence items in every mission but becareful that in nolf1 conversations in unity for train gadgets there's some items you can get into the conversations... so thats it.. you must get all items of the missions so you will get extra armor, extra health, extra ammunition, etc.. for example i have 110 of health and 130 of armor by picking up the inteligence items =D i hope i could help you..

best regards

BlackCatz

Hi Blackcatz

I have just checked my latest save of NOLF(GOTY edtion).I have got 110 Health & 160 Armour.Maybe this is the extended health bar?.I always thought the health bar should be longer,same length as the Armour bar?.Thanks for the reply.

Colin

Cat is right. In the very begining one training mission says, that it is very important to collect all the intelligence items.

It's true. I can exactly say, that the mission called "A tenious lead", if you collect all the 28 (in 6 levels) items gives you health, armor and ammo bonus. The mission "the dive" also gives you ammo bonus (15 items (in 3 levels)), but not sure about healh or armor. The mission "a man of influence" (immensely the most difficult one) gives you health and armor bonus (unless i'm mistaken) - 19 items in 3 levels. what else... tropics? don't remember. the mission is rather difficult as well (the 4th part), but you can use "invisibility" cheat to avoid cameras and AI. Btw, using cheats doesn't reflect your progress fall: you get the same results if you use cheats or you don't.

If somebody tells me how to annul (cancel, void) the progress, I'm ready to pass this part again to make a little report for every chapter about intelligence. Yea, yeah, sort of wallkthrough. So, Any ideas?

Edited by {IF} Agent 224

Hello

Thanks for the reply Agent 224.In my playthroughs,i have collected ALL the items in every mission(including Safecracker mission 6,upstairs office!).Have you got to collect all the intelligence items from the missions in 1 playthrough?.I am using Guiler's walkthrough from Gamefaqs for the intelligence items.If anybody could help me with questions 1 & 3 would be great.Thanks.

Colin

PS i am using the GOTY edition if that makes a difference.

Edited by ???

1. I am using Guiler's walkthrough from Gamefaqs for the intelligence items.

2. PS i am using the GOTY edition if that makes a difference.

1. Can you please give the full link? I would like to look at it.

2. I don't think this makes difference. GOTY has 1 additional mission, but I doubt it gives you anything (must check, though).

==

I can help you with the items, but a little later, maybe 2-3 days.

THe only thing I can say now is that you have to:

- take Bandages if ou know enemies use Dum-Dum bullets a lot.

- take Fuzzy Slippers (the item! lol) to the every stealth mission.

- the Rubber shoes don't work, their function is banned in the options, though you see them in the menu.

- general advice: try to remember, what is the main ammo used against you: dum-dum, phos or cyanide, and choose one item yourself: bandages, fire extigusher or antitoxin.

- ear plugs are quite useless: there aren't that many places where you're attacked by explosion damage.

(not by items, but by guns) - take Glasses on the following missions: Misfortune in Morocco (SCENE 4!); Alpine Intrigue (SCENE 3). That's all I can say now. I'll make a lil report on guns later as well, if you need if, ofc.

Edited by {IF} Agent 224

2. I don't think this makes difference. GOTY has 1 additional mission, but I doubt it gives you anything (must check, though).

==

- the Rubber shoes don't work, their function is banned in the options, though you see them in the menu.

- general advice: try to remember, what is the main ammo used against you: dum-dum, phos or cyanide, and choose one item yourself: bandages, fire extigusher or antitoxin.

- ear plugs are quite useless: there aren't that many places where you're attacked by explosion damage.

(not by items, but by guns) - take Glasses on the following missions: Misfortune in Morocco (SCENE 4!); Alpine Intrigue (SCENE 3). That's all I can say now. I'll make a lil report on guns later as well, if you need if, ofc.

Hi Agent 224

OK,here is the link to the FAQ:-

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/913839-the-operative-no-one-lives-forever/faqs

I know about taking Glasses/zip cord/code breaker into certain missions.It's getting hit with certain types of bullet!!.Thanks.

Colin

hmm that's pretty good walkthrough.

But the first thing I've checked was 'A VERY LARGE EXPLOSION LEVEL'.

As I expected, there wasn't description about 2 intelligence items you might find there.

So, this is not the excllent walthrough yet.

• 7 months later...

Hello all

As the title of the thread says,i have 3 questions that have been bothering me for a while.OK,they are:-

1. After playing through the missions,you sometimes get awards.I have come across 14:-

1. Bullet Avoidance Commendation

Issued by the UNITY Apparel Supply Department

2. Thanks for Not Getting Hurt Award

Issued by Mr Jones, Chief of Unity

3. Armor Bonus: Operational Safety Medal

Issued by the UNITY Field Agent Insurance Division

4. Armor Bonus: Undamaged Operatives Certificate

Issued by the UNITY Body Armor Repair Shop

5. Prudent Targeting Commendation.

Issued by Overworked Surgeons United

6. Certificate for Self-Preservation.

Issued by the UNITY Recruiting Office

7. Bullet Avoidance Commendation.

Issued by the UNITY Apparel Supply Department.

8. Award for Marksmanship.

Issued by the International Association of Neurologists.

9. Exceptional Role Model Certificate

Issued by the Gun Society of Great Britian.

10.Non-Injury Award

Issued by the UNITY Medical Division.

11.Stealth Award

Isssued by the International Spy Union.

12.Massive Reciprocal Damage Award

Issued by the Construction workers' Union.

13.Ammo Expenditure Award

Issued by the National Amourer's Guild.

14.Operational Safety Medal.

Issued by the UNITY Field Agent Insurance Division.

Does anybody,know of any other awards that i have missed out?.

2. How do you get the health bonus in NOLF?(increased health bar).I have played it plenty of times and never got this bonus.

3. I have played NOLF about 7-8 through,but there is one thing i would like to know.Which gear(Antitoxin,fire extinguisher,earplugs,Bandages) do you select for each of the missions?.I always tend to end up picking the wrong thing and losing health.hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for looking.

Colin

you get the health bonus for not get hit by bullets at all.. at least i get it, i have 110HP and 110armor :P

Cat is right. In the very begining one training mission says, that it is very important to collect all the intelligence items.

It's true. I can exactly say, that the mission called "A tenious lead", if you collect all the 28 (in 6 levels) items gives you health, armor and ammo bonus. The mission "the dive" also gives you ammo bonus (15 items (in 3 levels)), but not sure about healh or armor. The mission "a man of influence" (immensely the most difficult one) gives you health and armor bonus (unless i'm mistaken) - 19 items in 3 levels. what else... tropics? don't remember. the mission is rather difficult as well (the 4th part), but you can use "invisibility" cheat to avoid cameras and AI. Btw, using cheats doesn't reflect your progress fall: you get the same results if you use cheats or you don't.

If somebody tells me how to annul (cancel, void) the progress, I'm ready to pass this part again to make a little report for every chapter about intelligence. Yea, yeah, sort of wallkthrough. So, Any ideas?

this "invisibillity thing dosent work for me, maybe you can tell me with cheat code you use :)

this "invisibillity thing dosent work for me, maybe you can tell me with cheat code you use :)

Yes, I can.

It's mod I made myself for the game. There is no invisibility code built in.

So, I had to write down a little mod in order to make AI and cameras ignore me completely, like in NOLF 2 (except the very exlusivy cses like hit or noise, made by gun shot, of course).

• 2 years later...

==

I know it's been awhile, but despite their function not working, can you please tell me where you find the Rubber shoes? I don't think I've ever found them.

Just for reference, here's the complete list of where to find the other bonus items (not including the Rest and Relaxation level with many of them in the GOTY edition):

Fire Extinguisher: In Mistfortune in Morocco Scene 4 in the minefield (without glasses, stay along the edge of it until you get to the back to avoid getting blown up!)

Function: Reduces fire damage from phosphorus bullets.

Ear Plugs: In A Tenuous Lead Scene 3 you need to bring the belt buckle to get onto that ledge just before the blocked off gangplank onto the ship, and jump across the falling wood platforms.

Function: Reduces slight damage from grenades and explosives.

Antitoxin: In The Dive Scene 3 inside the sunken ship, in the kitchen on the table. It's also in the middle of the graveyard in Such is the Nature of Revenge Scene 2.

Function: Blocks ALL poison damage, but your aim still gets temporarily weakened for the full amount of time.

Bandages: In A Man of Influence Scene 2 in the garadge full of crates. You can jump ontop of the crates and then onto the ledge where they are at.

Function: Reduces bleeding damage from Dum-Dum bullets.

Fuzzy Slippers: In Rescue Attempt Scene 3 in the stall in the women's bathroom.

Function: Reduces movement noise by half so that enemies are less likely to hear you.

As for what to bring on missions, you should usually use the Bandages, or sometimes maybe the Fire Extinguisher. Most of the enemies with special ammo use dum dum rounds, or sometimes phospherous. While the Antioxin may seem tempting to use due to giving you full immunity, there's not that many enemies with cyanide rounds. There's even less with grenades and explosives, and the earplugs don't help much anyway. See this topic: http://unityhq.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2544

Once you're more confident you might want to bring the Fuzzy Slippers in ALL missions, at least to help get a better stealth rating if you care about it, but keep in mind that in reality an enemy hearing your footsteps doesn't usually give you away. The enemies are often too stupid to fully look around and lose interest quickly (although in some of the missions they do look around in response to noise). Sometimes it actually HELPS you if they get distracted because they might look AWAY, sort of like how it's usually easier to shoot them once they run up to a dead body, ironically. But you still may prefer to keep your presence hidden as much as you can.

Edited by CoLdOwN

I know it's been awhile, but despite their function not working, can you please tell me where you find the Rubber shoes? I don't think I've ever found them.

Just for reference, here's the complete list of where to find the other bonus items (not including the Rest and Relaxation level with many of them in the GOTY edition):

Fire Extinguisher: In Mistfortune in Morocco Scene 4 in the minefield (without glasses, stay along the edge of it until you get to the back to avoid getting blown up!)

Function: Reduces fire damage from phosphorus bullets.

Ear Plugs: In A Tenuous Lead Scene 3 you need to bring the belt buckle to get onto that ledge just before the blocked off gangplank onto the ship, and jump across the falling wood platforms.

Function: Reduces slight damage from grenades and explosives.

Antidote: In The Dive Scene 3 inside the sunken ship, in the kitchen on the table. It's also in the middle of the graveyard in Such is the Nature of Revenge Scene 2.

Function: Blocks ALL poison damage, but your aim still gets temporarily weakened for the full amount of time.

Bandages: In A Man of Influence Scene 2 in the garadge full of crates. You can jump ontop of the crates and then onto the ledge where they are at.

Function: Reduces bleeding damage from Dum-Dum bullets.

Fuzzy Slippers: In Rescue Attempt Scene 3 in the stall in the women's bathroom.

Function: Reduces movement noise by half so that enemies are less likely to hear you.

As for what to bring on missions, the enemies use little or no poison or phosperous bullets in the early missions (Misfortfune in Morocco anyway) but they do use some Dum-Dum rounds, so assuming you don't want the Fuzzy Slippers for stealth, bring bandages. For the rest of the game you probably want either the Fire Extinguisher or the Antidote, because Phospherous becomes quite a common (and deadly) bullet type used by enemies later, but remember that it only helps a little bit, while the Antidote stops ALL poision damage. As mentioned before earplugs are pretty useless and has few moments where it can actually help at all.

Once you're more confident you might want to bring fuzzy slippers in ALL missions, at least to help get a better stealth rating if you care about it, but keep in mind that in reality an enemy hearing your footsteps doesn't really give you away at all, and they are often too stupid to fully look around and lose interest quickly. Sometimes it actually HELPS you if they get distracted because they might look AWAY, sort of like how it's usually easier to shoot them once they run up to a dead body, ironically.

You realize you responded to a post that was from 2011 right?

You realize you responded to a post that was from 2011 right?

I thought necroing threads was accepted here. Plus, there's always a chance some of these users are still on, right?

Also I've looked in walkthroughs and such, I can't find mention of the rubber shoes anywhere, so I really want to know.

Edited by CoLdOwN