NOLF Playstation 2 soundtracks?

rkmugen

For anyone who has seen or heard YouTube videos of anyone playing the Playstation 2 version of NOLF, more than likely, you would've noticed the totally different soundtracks that were worked into the game to further contrast its PC and Mac counterparts.

What I'm wondering is if anyone here has come across any actual soundtrack rips from the PS2 version of NOLF or if anyone has access to or knows of any tools/utilities to rip the PS2 soundtracks.

At least one of the PS2 soundtracks I'm talking about can be heard in these 3 videos:

I, myself, happen to have the PS2 version, and tried to use the usual PC tools to open up the files stored on the PS2 disc, but it was a no-go. :(

I never had NOLF for PS2 but I know someday, I'll play it. The first mission isn't in the PC game. I have the first game for PC purchased, and the other two downloaded :mml:

Some1 knows if all the other missions are like the same in both versions?? :blink:

I never had NOLF for PS2 but I know someday, I'll play it. The first mission isn't in the PC game. I have the first game for PC purchased, and the other two downloaded :mml:

Some1 knows if all the other missions are like the same in both versions?? :blink:

Oh yeah, I know that those levels aren't in the PC version, since I have the PC version as well. (I only recently got a hold of the PS2 version, is what I forgot to mention).

• 7 months later...

I've decided to post the ones I've recorded myself. They're on YouTube so that nobody else can (easily) download them. And if I ever get requests from copyright holders to take them down, I will do so immediately. This is purely for the benefit of our NOLF community who may have never had the chance to experience the PS2 version. Because this game is so obscure and because the PS2 version has seen even less success and less recognition than it deserves, it is my hope that these 4 tracks will serve to inspire the community to continue to encourage Monolith/FOX to continue NOLF's story with a 4th game of the series (NOLF 3).

I will continue to add more as I find more time to make them and assuming my antiquated PC is up to the task.

• 5 months later...

Hi, are you actually planning to complete the uploading of all the rest soundtracks? I'm curious to hear them, since i love game soundtracks. Funny though, that they ported the game with another a soundtrack than the PC-Version.

Does this have a special reason actually or was it to deliver a bit different gaming experience to them PS2ers?

• 1 month later...

the soundtrack is completely different

its good, but inferior to the original...no BadeDum...only the title theme remains

its not dynamic like in the PC version, where it changes from slower to fast, depending on the action

the soundtrack just plays without stop

anyways, the soundtrack is the best thing of this terrible port...avoid playing it

Hi, are you actually planning to complete the uploading of all the rest soundtracks? I'm curious to hear them, since i love game soundtracks. Funny though, that they ported the game with another a soundtrack than the PC-Version.

Does this have a special reason actually or was it to deliver a bit different gaming experience to them PS2ers?

I've uploaded some more tracks, but I'm still not done with the entire game... real life is beginning to get in my way again. But I've made a playlist to make it easier for myself to add them in sequence and easier for everyone to listen to as I make more available.

NOLF Playstation 2 (PS2) Soundtrack (playlist)

the soundtrack is completely different

its good, but inferior to the original...no BadeDum...only the title theme remains

its not dynamic like in the PC version, where it changes from slower to fast, depending on the action

the soundtrack just plays without stop

anyways, the soundtrack is the best thing of this terrible port...avoid playing it

Unless they contain graphics/game-mechanics enhancements, bugfixes, completely new features, or a significant amount of "exclusive" features, well... home console ports are -ALWAYS- going to suck when compared to the original system release.... (the source being either coin-op arcade or PC/Mac systems).

Edited by rkmugen