Lag-O-rama after the main server came back up

Well,the main server is back up and thats great!But now i'm getting a crazy amount of lag on the SFI and unity DM servers sad.gif Even a 1 on 1 DM is pretty much unplayable.At first i thought my video card was messed up or something,but i noticed some other players were having the same issue.It seems that for most players its running ok though. blink.gifI played 1 player mode to see if the same thing happened ,but it was running ok.My connection is running smooth,and i just reformatted my hardrive.Could this be another "glitch" like the invalid cd key error?Even after the main server came back up lastnight,i still got the error a few times.Maybe the main server isn't 100% fixed yet. Btw,i was reading some posts and it seemed that some people thought that the NOLF2 server might not come back.Thats the impression i got anyways.I was just curious because this has happened a few times and it was always back up within a day or so.What was it about this time that made some point to doomsday?(no pun intended) Was sierra talking about pulling the plug on it or something?That would suck!Anyways is anybody else getting this lag?

Well,the main server is back up and thats great!But now i'm getting a crazy amount of lag on the SFI and unity DM servers sad.gif Even a 1 on 1 DM is pretty much unplayable.At first i thought my video card was messed up or something,but i noticed some other players were having the same issue.It seems that for most players its running ok though. blink.gifI played 1 player mode to see if the same thing happened ,but it was running ok.My connection is running smooth,and i just reformatted my hardrive.Could this be another "glitch" like the invalid cd key error?Even after the main server came back up lastnight,i still got the error a few times.Maybe the main server isn't 100% fixed yet. Btw,i was reading some posts and it seemed that some people thought that the NOLF2 server might not come back.Thats the impression i got anyways.I was just curious because this has happened a few times and it was always back up within a day or so.What was it about this time that made some point to doomsday?(no pun intended) Was sierra talking about pulling the plug on it or something?That would suck!Anyways is anybody else getting this lag?

3831[/snapback]

i always lagg so didnt notice tongue.gif

But i wouldn't be surprised if sierra would pull the plug on the masterserver smile.gif

probably costing them alot of money and it isnt that popular..

Bah Scorpipoopoo is always Mr. Gloom and Doom when it comes to NOLF. The Sky is falling ! The Sky is falling!

What the problem is Mr. StarMan Deluxe, is I left the lag-o-matic on by accident thus causing Lag for many innocent players.

What is the lag-o-matic you ask?

This is a device that I created over a year ago before [sT]'s big match versus the then active |PM| clan. |PM| was undefeated in their NOLF2 history in DD matches up to that point, and I realised that [sT] needed some sort of advantage fair or not. Sooooooo I went to my laboratory and created what I liked to call the LAG-O-MATIC.

user posted image

This device made the |PM| pings go sky high during the match, thusly allowing us [sT] to become the first NOLF2 clan to ever beat |PM|.

Anyhow, not to worry, I have since turned it off, and all should now be well!

cool.gif

i guess u forgot your machine the 2nd match tongue.gif

and don't try dissing me with that cause i didn;t playany nolf at the time that happened smile.gif

BUT knixy, the sky really is falling down, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEellllllllllllpppppppppp.......

(mayb that was just rain though unsure.gif )

I would never diss you Scorp. You are my dutch home-slice.

I was just giving Starman some historical knowledge and perspective. biggrin.gif

I didn't play in the 2nd match either smile.gif

I was going to lend it to the rest of the clan for the 2nd match, however it only ran on the local sockets here in the U.S. and most of the players were in Europe. All that planning and I forgot to make the dang adaptor!!!

Oh well....and the sky is not falling on NOLF. There is no other game worth playing. COD is the name of a breed of fish, not a video game.

Now that all depends on what kind of fish my little Dutch Friend...or seafood in general for that matter!

While I hate crabs....you could not tear me away from a clam or red snapper.

biggrin.gif

Are you marketing your Lag-O-Matic Knix yet?

I'll buy one off yuz........cos I'd just love to use it on my boss....................hmmmm................ I'll just leave you with that mental image in your thoughts........ hee hee

Back on Topic. I went ahead and rebooted the server box host the SFI and Unity DM boxes. Should help playability.