Sign in to follow this  
{IF} HyperModder

Dedicated server working but not listed...

^_^ Hello to all members again, I'm not going to stop with trying to fix my problems (and it seems that the problems aren't going to finish for me) Now, I leave you to "re-set" your minds and try to help me "normally" again.

My actual bigger problem is that, when I host a server, I can't see it in the NOLF 1 server's list. Anyhow, I could join it knowing its IP and port used, so I think other players will can too. But the main problem is my internet connection: it's 3G, so my IP is changed each time I re-connect it. The worse thing is that I tried everything I think, like turning off the firewall, opening some UDP and TCP ports, including 27888 and 27889, etc... I downloaded a lot of programs and they didn't work... I know that other players also have this problem (or they had it about two or three months ago) This is really despairing me, believe me, I need it (the most of the other servers are so lagged for me and sometimes I can't see one or two servers in the list... They're actually 8 in total) That doesn't mean that I want a fast answer now, because I prefer a slow but good solution for my "endless problems" (I'm going to use bold letters instead of caps) I want that all you read this and please, don't ask me about it:

I tried for a lot of times to open some ports when the firewall was disabled, but it didn't work for me...

Any helping will be infinitely thanked for me... Thanks on advantage, ;) .

Edited by Adrian

^_^ Hello to all members again, I'm not going to stop with trying to fix my problems (and it seems that the problems aren't going to finish for me) Now, I leave you to "re-set" your minds and try to help me "normally" again.

My actual bigger problem is that, when I host a server, I can't see it in the NOLF 1 server's list. Anyhow, I could join it knowing its IP and port used, so I think other players will can too. But the main problem is my internet connection: it's 3G, so my IP is changed each time I re-connect it. The worse thing is that I tried everything I think, like turning off the firewall, opening some UDP and TCP ports, including 27888 and 27889, etc... I downloaded a lot of programs and they didn't work... I know that other players also have this problem (or they had it about two or three months ago) This is really despairing me, believe me, I need it (the most of the other servers are so lagged for me and sometimes I can't see one or two servers in the list... They're actually 8 in total) That doesn't mean that I want a fast answer now, because I prefer a slow but good solution for my "endless problems" (I'm going to use bold letters instead of caps) I want that all you read this and please, don't ask me about it:

I tried for a lot of times to open some ports when the firewall was disabled, but it didn't work for me...

Any helping will be infinitely thanked for me... Thanks on advantage, ;) .

3G?

That's used for wireless phone/data Way too slow for a game server.

Yes, I said 3G, an USB apparatus that looks like a pendrive... Its speed is very unstable: between 0 KB/S and about 250 KB/S... But I had a NOLF 1 server with this connection (for four or five players, and customized with some of my own mods) and it was listed. The problems began when the computer died and I changed my old windows XP professional second use computer to a windows 7 home premium (64 bits version) new computer. This is the thing less understandable for me, it's supposed that this kind of problems are of the connection, not from a new PC... Don't have you any questions or suggests for me? (and I'm writing to all members!)

Edited by Adrian

Yes, I said 3G, an USB apparatus that looks like a pendrive... Its speed is very unstable: between 0 KB/S and about 250 KB/S... But I had a NOLF 1 server with this connection (for four or five players, and customized with some of my own mods) and it was listed. The problems began when the computer died and I changed my old windows XP professional second use computer to a windows 7 home premium (64 bits version) new computer. This is the thing less understandable for me, it's supposed that this kind of problems are of the connection, not from a new PC... Don't have you any questions or suggests for me? (and I'm writing to all members!)

If you are trying to use 3G then I'd say the problem is the variable connection speed. An older game like NOLF1 was made long before Windows 7 was an idea so there is bound to be compatibility issues there as well.

Maybe yes, maybe not... Only God will know it! :P

Maybe yes, maybe not... Only God will know it! :P

:offtopic: