Yeeyoh

Invalid CD key with new server set up

Hi,

I've done all the steps to play online with the new 'join by IP setup' and have gotten various errors along the way, but when I'm finally past all that and the multiplayer map[ is just about loaded, I get an invalid Cd key error.

Two things I'd like to mention right away. I have a valid cd key on the jewel case that came with the manual that came in the box of the game I bought. Second I'm quite sure I didn't enter a CD key when I installed this game and if memory servers correct I would normally only be prompted for the cd key for this game when joining a server for the first time. (like many games from around the same time).

So here's the thing. Does anyone know where I could just manually enter my CD key. Is it stored in the registry, is it stored in the game folder somewhere. I'm using windows 7 64-bit... Please if anyone could let me know I would really appreciate it.

Once more I would like to emphasize this is for a genuine copy of the game. No offense to anyone with a hacked version, but this is one of the reasons to buy the full version, to avoid all this. Also while searching on line for the answer to this all I could find where various forum entries of people trying to hack the game or people with a question such as mine being told how they could find a CD-key that would work on-line. (which really has nothing to do do with the problem since the CD-key(that came with the game) has never been installed.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Yeeyoh

Edited by Yeeyoh

Welcome to UHQ...

1st. no more CD key needed to play Nolf2 online

2nd: follow these steps and all is good How to

Welcome to UHQ...

1st. no more CD key needed to play Nolf2 online

2nd: follow these steps and all is good How to

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome,

Did you read my post. I've followed all the instructions that you've mention. Many of the servers listed under join by IP return an error. Once an IP is found that does not return an error I still get the invalid Cd-key error. (Once again I've never been prompted to enter my Cd-key yet).

I'm looking for a way to enter my cd-key manually to see if that fixes the problem. Other people who have tried this Livesforever mod have gotten the same errors I've gotten, and posted on forums and gotten the same response, yes I've followed all those steps and yes I'm still unable to join for various errors. Most people as far as I can tell just lose interest. I've been gaming since around the times of UnrealTournament. I know how to mod my config files, change registry settings, when I have to, etc.

I would say that Alien Versus predator 2 suffer the same server shut down. Someone wrote a mod for that that allowed the use of the ingame server browser as if the servers had never stopped working, it's a shame this has not gone as smoothly. My interest in playing multi-player with this game is under the 'something I always wanted to get around to' pile.

Anyway thanks again for the response,

Yeeyoh

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome,

Did you read my post. I've followed all the instructions that you've mention. Many of the servers listed under join by IP return an error. Once an IP is found that does not return an error I still get the invalid Cd-key error. (Once again I've never been prompted to enter my Cd-key yet).

I'm looking for a way to enter my cd-key manually to see if that fixes the problem. Other people who have tried this Livesforever mod have gotten the same errors I've gotten, and posted on forums and gotten the same response, yes I've followed all those steps and yes I'm still unable to join for various errors. Most people as far as I can tell just lose interest. I've been gaming since around the times of UnrealTournament. I know how to mod my config files, change registry settings, when I have to, etc.

I would say that Alien Versus predator 2 suffer the same server shut down. Someone wrote a mod for that that allowed the use of the ingame server browser as if the servers had never stopped working, it's a shame this has not gone as smoothly. My interest in playing multi-player with this game is under the 'something I always wanted to get around to' pile.

Anyway thanks again for the response,

Yeeyoh

Hello Yeeyoh,

First of all, welcome to the forums, from me aswell! ;)

Secondly, you DON'T need the CD-Key since the shutdown. It is not important, wheter you have an original Key or not, because you don't need it anymore.

Please go through this list, and check if you have done all these things before playing:

1.) install the game (of course ^^)

2.) patch the game to version 1.3 (Download: Patch 1.3)

3.) install Mappack #1 (Download: Mappack #1)

4.) install Mappack #2 (Download: Mappack #2)

5.) install the Community Mappack (Download: Community Mappack)

6.) install the LivesForever Plus Mod (Download: LivesForever Plus Mod)

7.) copy over the "Join by IP Tool v2" into the Nolf2 directory (Download: Join by IP Tool v2)

8.) set the "Compatibility mode Windows XP SP3" and the "Run as Admin" mode on "Litech.exe", "NOLF2.exe" and "NOLF2Srv.exe" -> Thanks to Eliteone for this useful hint!

9.) start the (Nolf2.exe), select the LivesForver Mod and press play. Close the game after entering the main menu.

10.) now it should work

I hope this helps you fixing your problem! ^_^

Alex

Edited by {IF} Crusader

Hello Yeeyoh,

First of all, welcome to the forums, from me aswell! ;)

Secondly, you DON'T need the CD-Key since the shutdown. It is not important, wheter you have an original Key or not, because you don't need it anymore.

Please go through this list, and check if you have done all these things before playing:

1.) install the game (of course ^^)

2.) patch the game to version 1.3 (Download: Patch 1.3)

3.) install Mappack #1 (Download: Mappack #1)

4.) install Mappack #2 (Download: Mappack #2)

5.) install the Community Mappack (Download: Community Mappack)

6.) install the LivesForever Plus Mod (Download: LivesForever Plus Mod)

7.) copy over the "Join by IP Tool v2" into the Nolf2 directory (Download: Join by IP Tool v2)

8.) set the "Compatibility mode Windows XP SP3" and the "Run as Admin" mode on "Litech.exe", "NOLF2.exe" and "NOLF2Srv.exe" -> Thanks to Eliteone for this useful hint!

9.) start the (Nolf2.exe), select the LivesForver Mod and press play. Close the game after entering the main menu.

10.) now it should work

I hope this helps you fixing your problem! ^_^

Alex

Okay, once again thanks for the hello.

After following those directions exaclly, I still get an 'error- unable to join game session' on all the servers I try to join, and an _____________ hopefully picture attached error on the Unity server. This is a fresh install of the game, I have followed all of the directions, my experience so far is when/if I get pasted these errors I'm still going to get an 'Invalid CD-key' error.

Thanks once again for the response,

Yeeyoh

Okay it seems the photo would have to be on a web site, when trying to join the unity server my game closed (almost fully) and the wiindows error window states "Client MFC application has stopped working", then of course I have the option of closing the program or looking on line for a solution.

Okay, once again thanks for the hello.

After following those directions exaclly, I still get an 'error- unable to join game session' on all the servers I try to join, and an _____________ hopefully picture attached error on the Unity server. This is a fresh install of the game, I have followed all of the directions, my experience so far is when/if I get pasted these errors I'm still going to get an 'Invalid CD-key' error.

Thanks once again for the response,

Yeeyoh

Okay it seems the photo would have to be on a web site, when trying to join the unity server my game closed (almost fully) and the wiindows error window states "Client MFC application has stopped working", then of course I have the option of closing the program or looking on line for a solution.

Hello Yeeyoh,

Do you have any other files, beside the "mappack_210308.rez" in the "Custom\Resources" directory? If yes, remove them and try again!

Alex

Welcome to the forum.

You'll also need to download the UnityHQ mappack (you can get it from our downloads section)

Did you start up NOLF2 the regular way, go to custom and select the Liveforever Mod?

You'll need to do that before launching the game with the join by IP tool.

Hello Yeeyoh,

Do you have any other files, beside the "mappack_210308.rez" in the "Custom\Resources" directory? If yes, remove them and try again!

Alex

Okay,

Once again thanks for the hellos,

Guess what !? I did do everything I was supposed to but I did do something wrong. I'm quite glad I didn't give up in frustration. I did not have the map packs installed in the correct folder, I had them in just the base game folder,(with he other .rez files) and not in the Custom\Resources pile. It's working now, thank goodness, and thank you guys for the help. I don't think the map packs came with a readme file so I just guessed were to put them.

I've got laundry to do at the moment but I look forward to playing this game on-line (hopefully I can find a way to adjust the mouse settings lower than the in-game menu) and maybe finally playing through the CO-OP section of this game. I want to find Cate and finish the mission.

Hope to see you on-line and thanks again,

Yeeyoh

Okay,

Once again thanks for the hellos,

Guess what !? I did do everything I was supposed to but I did do something wrong. I'm quite glad I didn't give up in frustration. I did not have the map packs installed in the correct folder, I had them in just the base game folder,(with he other .rez files) and not in the Custom\Resources pile. It's working now, thank goodness, and thank you guys for the help. I don't think the map packs came with a readme file so I just guessed were to put them.

I've got laundry to do at the moment but I look forward to playing this game on-line (hopefully I can find a way to adjust the mouse settings lower than the in-game menu) and maybe finally playing through the CO-OP section of this game. I want to find Cate and finish the mission.

Hope to see you on-line and thanks again,

Yeeyoh

Glad you got it sorted.

Welcome to UnityHQ, Yeeyoh! I'm glad you got everything sorted out. I had to reinstall recently and all it takes is one little mistake and you're unable to join anything. It took me a while to find I had messed up with some folders too. It is a wonder anyone manages to get the game running anymore when it comes to multiplayer. It's worth the hassles, though. :)

Welcome to Unity and NOLF Yeeyoh !!!!!