I have endless problems!

As if you did not already have enough with my problems solved, I have many more impossible to solve for me (I'm Spanish, not bilingual, so I use the Google translator)

If the translations are not understandable is not my fault. There go my endless problems:

1) When anyone plays on my Nolf server, there is a bug that occurs when somebody stepped on some parts of most of the maps. Then, they can´t respawn without rejoining in

my server. They are "killing themselves" continually as they attempt to respawn, and they are falling very slowly. I have reinstalled Nolf, and then Windows XP, and I still

get the error behind me. Why must this always happen? Do you know any way to fix it?

2) I use two computers: mine and of my father. In my computer Nolf 2 works me perfectly using the 3D Analyze program version 1.5, but using my father's computer I can´t.

Both are exactly alike, are the same model, so I can´t understand why it does not work in my father's house. Programs and files are the same and also Internet connection,

which is wireless. I can not play online or single player mode. The game closes when I try to start a game without giving any error. Where could be the problem?

3) I played Nolf on the Internet and my ping is about 400, in Nolf 2 online was 3000 or 4000, and in Contract JACK my ping is not updated and the performance was pitiful.

Does this mean that Nolf is the fastest online game of this saga and Contract JACK is the slowest, or is it a problem myself?

4) When trying to open a server in Contract JACK, the program closes, and Windows XP gives me an error. Why does this happen? Do you know any solution? Anyway,

because my performance in this game is so low, no big deal for me this last error.

Thanks in advance and keep in mind that these days do not have much time, it may take to answer you and seeing your answers.

My replies are in bold below your questions.

1) When anyone plays on my Nolf server, there is a bug that occurs when somebody stepped on some parts of most of the maps. Then, they can´t respawn without rejoining in

my server. They are "killing themselves" continually as they attempt to respawn, and they are falling very slowly. I have reinstalled Nolf, and then Windows XP, and I still

get the error behind me. Why must this always happen? Do you know any way to fix it?

Which maps specifically?

2) I use two computers: mine and of my father. In my computer Nolf 2 works me perfectly using the 3D Analyze program version 1.5, but using my father's computer I can´t.

Both are exactly alike, are the same model, so I can´t understand why it does not work in my father's house. Programs and files are the same and also Internet connection,

which is wireless. I can not play online or single player mode. The game closes when I try to start a game without giving any error. Where could be the problem?

I'm not familar with the 3d Analyze program. I run my NOLF2 on Win 7 64 bit with the visual themes for windows disable in the compatibility mode

3) I played Nolf on the Internet and my ping is about 400, in Nolf 2 online was 3000 or 4000, and in Contract JACK my ping is not updated and the performance was pitiful.

Does this mean that Nolf is the fastest online game of this saga and Contract JACK is the slowest, or is it a problem myself?

Ping is relative to your distance to the server you are connecting to online. The speed of your connection and the connection speed of the server

4) When trying to open a server in Contract JACK, the program closes, and Windows XP gives me an error. Why does this happen? Do you know any solution? Anyway,

because my performance in this game is so low, no big deal for me this last error.

What information is displayed in the error message specifically?

No worries on the ESL (English as a second language). There are quite a few of us here the same way.

You changed again the skin? Now I can to see the original skin.

1) I really only played on a map without the problem: ALL_NIGHTER precisely the one I use today.

2) I run my NOLF2 in WinXP, I'll try again when I can.

3) The problem is the speed of my conection, that is about 15,5 KB/S in downloading speed.

4) Now it works, do not know why, but the problem seems to be "fixed?"

I need to use the translator, but not for all. I studyed english during 7 years and still I continue.

I have new news, lool.

1) The problem I have it usually, not always. For example, right now no. I have nothing more to say about this yet, but I would ask you, please, infinitely grateful to you to help me if you can, but I do not want to tell me lies, no.

2) I could solve this problem by restarting right after installation is complete, and after restarting the computer, make any necessary changes to the game for me to work. Please note, although only having a problem, try to help as much as possible, and that this failure of my Nolf 1 bothers me most.

3) Where can I download Contract JACK map packs? I can´t find any site.

Waiting for your answers, I can only say goodbye...

Edited by Adrian

• 1 month later...

Hello, Elite1 and [iF]Crusader (why should I greet more people if only you help me, LOOL) Again, I returned to this topic with new problems, of course:

I can't host a Nolf1 server. Rather, yes I can do it but it did not appear in the list.

I can't host a Contract JACK server, because I have now windows 7 and I can't install the server fix (it gets an error without XP) The worse part of this problem is I can't usually play online because there aren't any server "undown" and working. For Nolf2 you created a LivesForever mod, why not do the same with Contract?? I know it's the only possible chance to play Nolf2 since its masterserver it's down, but when windows XP dies at all, it will be really impossible for all. Of course, if the problem is mine, better to forget it, but if it's of all players, then what? forget too? I - AM - SURE - OF - NOT - ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

And one last question that I know no one is going to answer to: What's happening with the players of Nolf1 and Jack? Are they really dying? Rarely get to see someone playing, almost never.

Edited by Adrian

Hello, Elite1 and [iF]Crusader (why should I greet more people if only you help me, LOOL) Again, I returned to this topic with new problems, of course:

I can't host a Nolf1 server. Rather, yes I can do it but it did not appear in the list.

I can't host a Contract JACK server, because I have now windows 7 and I can't install the server fix (it gets an error without XP) The worse part of this problem is I can't usually play online because there aren't any server "undown" and working. For Nolf2 you created a LivesForever mod, why not do the same with Contract?? I know it's the only possible chance to play Nolf2 since its masterserver it's down, but when windows XP dies at all, it will be really impossible for all. Of course, if the problem is mine, better to forget it, but if it's of all players, then what? forget too? I - AM - SURE - OF - NOT - ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

And one last question that I know no one is going to answer to: What's happening with the players of Nolf1 and Jack? Are they really dying? Rarely get to see someone playing, almost never.

Contract Jack uses Gamespy for server browsing and isn't dependent upon a master server like NOLF2 was.

Yes, I knew, and? That is the only 1 thing you're going to say? I don't think it was a very good helping for me...

So you were expecting me to snap my fingers and solve all your worries for you?

I personally haven't hosted Contract Jack on any operating system but Windows 2003 server and I didn't have any problems with it. It is unrealistic though to assume that it will work on a version of windows that came out long after the game did.

You can try some of the more obvious things like try running it in compatibility mode etc.

Patience will get you more results in this forum FYI not getting snotty with your replies.