Ping

Hugo

Can anyone explain this to me?

I booked a "ping express" option from my internet service provider. Since then my ping has changed to around 14ms. (I tested it with pingtest.net)

But in NOLF2 my ping still reads around 150!

And in the game some fellas hit me cause they are faster <_<

Is there anything I can do now? some settings anywhere?

grateful Hugo

Huugooo i suggest to take a rocket launcher now and then hehe :P

Seriuos i booked a thing called Fast Path...it shut down an error test....i ping around 125 now ;)

But at last my ping is changing between 125 and 170..think its the far far way the signal has to go

Suggest 2: settle over to New York...heard thers a great Pizza hut on 6th avenue :lol:

Huugooo i suggest to take a rocket launcher now and then hehe :P

Seriuos i booked a thing called Fast Path...it shut down an error test....i ping around 125 now ;)

But at last my ping is changing between 125 and 170..think its the far far way the signal has to go

Suggest 2: settle over to New York...heard thers a great Pizza hut on 6th avenue :lol:

You booked Fast Path? That could be the same they gave me from Alice Hansenet, they call it Ping Express and they charge around 3 euros or so...???

I want a closer server, but there are a few "little" (if i ca say so) probs:

1) i have money but can't pay.

2) i can't pay cz i just dont have something to pay by XD (i think there's no way to "fill" paypal account in my town :S)

3) no hosts in russia (at least in 7 big cities we always request) who'd host NOLF 2. I asked.

well, not russia is really needed, but would be certainly better :P

btw, I can actually try a 24/7 host. if otheers agree to send $1-2 (or less) every month to cover the internet and electricity payoffs. I work on laptop now, it's much easier to keep it on 24/7 than a stationar computer. what others think about it? *waiting for opinions*

I just have to buy the hardware and we can host an Nolf2 server, located in Europe, Austria, in my city! :P

How much do you want? XD

I want a closer server, but there are a few "little" (if i ca say so) probs:

1) i have money but can't pay.

2) i can't pay cz i just dont have something to pay by XD (i think there's no way to "fill" paypal account in my town :S)

3) no hosts in russia (at least in 7 big cities we always request) who'd host NOLF 2. I asked.

well, not russia is really needed, but would be certainly better :P

btw, I can actually try a 24/7 host. if otheers agree to send $1-2 (or less) every month to cover the internet and electricity payoffs. I work on laptop now, it's much easier to keep it on 24/7 than a stationar computer. what others think about it? *waiting for opinions*

Good idea! I already asked my provider about hosting a 24/7 gameserver, and they said, that this is no problem! So I just have to buy the hardware and we can host an Nolf2 server, located in Europe, Austria, in my city! :P

Guys,

Only drawback of hosting on a home based internet connection VS commercial is the upload and download speeds.

Gameservers need it to be balanced (fast and the same between upload and download speeds)

When I stopped hosting gameservers on the data centre dedicated server I leased and went with a commercial host I settled on New York for the location of the NOLF2 server as a "compromise" (For North America and Europe players it seemed to be a central location)

Now the commercial provider presently being used has European locations (London, The netherlands etc) and we can certainly look into those options however it would require more to contribute than do presently.

I've been proud to have hosted NOLF2 servers since the game came out pretty much. I donate my time and $$ to the cause regularly even though my time for playing the game has become quite limited. I appreciate your desire to want to contribute in your own way but I'm sure you want the gaming experience to be enjoyable for everyone and a home connection just can't do that (It's not designed too)

So how to proceed?

We could move the existing server to another location (cost for it would go up) or if there was enough community demand/funding get a second server (could even run one as a DM server)

Or we could enjoy what we have making more of an effort to make it enjoyable for everyone.