Nolf - Vista

Curver

Im asking for a friend of mine...

I have read on the forum and it dosent help with running in compatibility mode... (how do i write it?)

I can't run Nolf 2 on vista 32bit. The screen turns black when I start the game and have to restart the computer to get back to desktop.

Any ideas?

Well I'm running it on Windows 7 64 bit without even having to resort to compatibility mode. One thing I did when I installed though was decline the Direct X install. You might uninstall, then install direct X again, reinstall and decline the direct X from the NOLF2 install.

Ok, thx for the help. I have just send him the answer from here and see what will happend...

EDIT: It dident work what natter said. And the admin thing was off. But we shall reinstall tomorow...

Edited by Curver

Hello again! We have now installed nolf 2 again WITHOUT direct x, and it worked :D I have also disabled movies, hardware sound, animated load screens, triplebuffering, joystick, hardware cursor and soundfilter. (only music and sound left.) So it could be it.

But i discoverd a new problem... There isent any custom (or there you load the mod in the start) There isent any custom map in the game folder either. Is it possible to make it?

Edit: It started only one time, but it will not start anymore :(

Edited by Curver

Hello again! We have now installed nolf 2 again WITHOUT direct x, and it worked :D I have also disabled movies, hardware sound, animated load screens, triplebuffering, joystick, hardware cursor and soundfilter. (only music and sound left.) So it could be it.

But i discoverd a new problem... There isent any custom (or there you load the mod in the start) There isent any custom map in the game folder either. Is it possible to make it?

Edit: It started only one time, but it will not start anymore :(

Visit HERE for the steps you need to take so you can play.

Yeah i know eliteone! But we have problems starting the game! But i got it started BEFORE installation 1.3. could it have a problem with vista? And there isn't any custom button in the start up screen...

Yeah i know eliteone! But we have problems starting the game! But i got it started BEFORE installation 1.3. could it have a problem with vista? And there isn't any custom button in the start up screen...

If you don't have a custom button then the LivesForever mod isn't setup correctly. Follow the steps exactly in the previous link to set it up.

It's most likely not a "Vista" issue. I ran NOLF2 on Vista before upgrading to Windows 7 (run it just fine on Windows 7 64 bit) as have others.

Before i uinstaled it, my friend had a CUSTOM button. But you said that we should reinstalling it without directX.. And now we dont have a custom button.. I shall say to him that he shall reinstall without directX again and se what happend then...

Before i uinstaled it, my friend had a CUSTOM button. But you said that we should reinstalling it without directX.. And now we dont have a custom button.. I shall say to him that he shall reinstall without directX again and se what happend then...

The "Custom" button will not appear unless you have at least one mod in place for the game to use.

:blush: Dident know that that was the problem. Sry :angel:

I will tell the next move soon...

EDIT: We have now got i working :D But without 1.3 update... But no custom map file.. We have disabled everything without music and sound. So now he can play SP :P But any ideas why 1.3 update mess things up?

Edited by Curver

• 2 weeks later...
nobody? How can we get patch 1.3 to work in vista? The game runs fine now but without 1.3 = no online gaming for my friend <_<

You know this would be easier to troubleshoot if your "friend" would post. 1.3 patch works just fine in Vista (did for me and others)

Yeah sure i know eliteone... But do you mean that he could bring more information? I talk to him each day, becuse we go in same class! But it seams that 1.3 doesn't like vista at his computer... To bad <_<

Yeah sure i know eliteone... But do you mean that he could bring more information? I talk to him each day, becuse we go in same class! But it seams that 1.3 doesn't like vista at his computer... To bad <_<

1.3 works on Vista and Windows 7 just fine. Have him download the patch from here and uninstall then reinstall etc.