Skills

Guest Doffy90

As we all know skills play a big part in the single player which allows you do do stuff faster, carry more ammunition etc.. Recently I was told that becasue of the LF mod the skills you can choose in LAN mode also now applies on multiplayer. Im not sure but I do not think this worked when the master server was up. Anyways some people have figured out this and are using it, me included. The other day Natter said it wasn't allowed so here I am posting this topic to see what everybody else thinks.

IMO it's pretty unfair because you're allowed to pick up 8 rockets (I think) and your AK ammunition never stops. Luckily you can't have all the skills at max, but it's still unfair.

The skills can be "turned off" in the server to a certain extent.

That being said if I catch someone having to resort to cheating in NOLF2 then they will find themselves banned from the server.

Does this mean that everybody has to reset their skills to zero?

I wasn't aware of the fact that the skills that are used for single player are also 'usefull' for multiplayer.

I dont see this as cheating coz many players are also not aware that their single player-skills are used in multiplayer also.

It will be a weird situation when you reset your skils to zero: eg. you wont have stamina anymore.

What will be the rules for the skills?

Edited by Muikkie

What is the LF mod?..........I'm a techno-phobe, so you need to explain in laymans terms.

Why can't we just run the server without the LF mod? thus stopping people changing their skills.

Yeah, I don't quite know what people are talking about but I have to think anyone knowingly playing with better skills should adjust them to what we all normally play. I haven't a clue how to change my skills but I know I haven't been playing with more rockets or ammo than other people. Anyone intentionally playing with higher skills would be called a cheater in my book which could lead to banning.

What is the LF mod?..........I'm a techno-phobe, so you need to explain in laymans terms.

Why can't we just run the server without the LF mod? thus stopping people changing their skills.

LF=LivesForever Mod We have to run the server with it or else you wouldn't be able to play (Master server is shutdown)

Anyone intentionally playing with higher skills would be called a cheater in my book which could lead to banning.

Like Bella said

Suggest: Re-install Nolf and you have the default skills.

Stamina: 100

Full Armor: 200

Skills are off on server so if one find a way around its cheat.

Wonder why some always try to get unfair advantage when playing with friends.

Edited by Natter

Skill mods only work if the server option is on (applies to both LAN and Internet). It is a shared set- Co-Op and DD use the same, otherwise the (unfortunately modded too!) default values are on.

So this means you will have extra ammo if the server option is Off no matter the skills.

Originally this was a mod for the POOP one, but somehow the code transferred over to the source I used to create LF.

If nobody minds the change (that means everyone will have to download an updated copy) and ppl voluteer to beta test, I can re-do the mod so that it's closest to the original game.

Hi all,

I want to explain what happened exactly, coz I dont like the suggestions that my son is a cheater.

Kill Kip founded it weird that he only had 3 tubes and others had 5, so he checked his skills which you can alter in lan, co-op.

After that he realized that these skills, which are normal stuff and absolutely not illegal, worked at LF-mod also.

He told that to severall players including to Doffy.

He never had the intention to play unfair. When I saw this topic I've told him to reset his skills. So he did and after that his 'stamina' was zero.

Ive made a ss for the ones who dont know about the possiblity to alter skills:

Screenshot4.jpg

I hope you will understand that nothing special is going on.

Ciao

Here we go

LivesForever2BETA:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJF2DTAZ

For testers- Installs like the old, both server and player must have it enabled to play.

I'll be testing it with FF5 peeps, lemme know/PM me if it has any problems.

Try that beta version and server start normally, but when try to join it, get message "no cd key" :(

Livesforeverplus works fine (no skills)and you can use singleplayer maps on coop. and you can create server on game.

Vote for livesforeverplus.

Just tested the Livesforeverplus mod...good part

U can join servers like we did before..start game normal

without the join ip tool

Vote for installing it on U server :specool:

Here's an update:

LF2 Beta 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PCFPZ4JJ

I tested this one, no cd-fail message.

**Edit: Server and client must have the same mod applied. I'll host/client test it with more peeps soon.

Perhaps it's time for a vote?

btw wich mod have the spawnprotetction?..it makes the game very fast and intense...luv it :)

the "A-Mod" (by ALEXA) ?