Sign in to follow this  
rudy

Official Sierra forums going down this week

7 posts in this topic

Hi Belladonna, EliteOne, NOLF fans,

We all expected it, and now it's a done deal. Two days ago, the admin of the official Sierra forums informed us that this is the last week that the official Sierra forums will be up. As of next week (or sooner, depending on how things go), the new Activision-Blizzard forums will take over. Member accounts will be transfered, but the posts will not. Also, only a handful of Sierra forums will keep their spot in the new ATVI forums. While we know that Crash, Spyro, Ice Age 3 and Prototype are among the forums that remain, it is highly doubtful that NOLF will. F.E.A.R. may have a chance but, personally i doubt it, since Monolith bought the rights back and has their own F.E.A.R. forums to which most fans probably moved, especially with the Project Origin release.

This is both good and bad news. On one hand it's sad to see the end of an era which lasted well over a decade, on the other the community is fully prepared and moving over to the fanbased Sierra Gateway in which UnityHQ represents the NOLF series. With the official NOLF forums removed, UnityHQ will now have total exclusivity on the NOLF forum.

Thought i'd let you guys know ;)

Rudy

Thanks for the heads up, Rudy. For over a decade I've enjoyed Sierra games and am sad to see them and the forums lose their support, but I guess all good things do come to an end at some point. Thankfully the fans can continue discussing the games over at Sierra Gateway.

Thanks for the heads up Rudy.

They were taken down last night. Friday the 13th, i'm gonna get supersticious here...

:angry03::flamethrower:Sierra :rocket::closedeyes:

Does anyone still have the URL for  the Sierra NOLF2 forum?   I am curious as to whether or not any of that content got captured by the Wayback Machine Internet Archive at http://archive.org/web/ .

Someone at http://www.sierragamers.com/forum  might know.  

Long time no see. How have you been.