Super Computer ~ Master Server

kepler

I was casually loading old single-player game saves the other day. I was on the Russia campaign, invading the Main Records Building to get information on Project Omega from the Super Computer. You all know how it goes; fix the vacuum tube, enter the password, the room seals up, and you are elevated to the next floor up. Finally, kill three guards while getting information out of the world's slowest most annoying "computer" which runs on reel-to-reel data.

On my game, the super computer no longer responds. The right-click option of 'retrieve data' goes dark gray when I try to click, and will not change. Without completing this part of the mission, there is no way out of this part of the building.

This SEEMS to have started when the Master Server went down. I know single-player does not require an internet connection, but I am interested if anyone else is experiencing this. Did a switch get flipped in single-player mode?

I was casually loading old single-player game saves the other day. I was on the Russia campaign, invading the Main Records Building to get information on Project Omega from the Super Computer. You all know how it goes; fix the vacuum tube, enter the password, the room seals up, and you are elevated to the next floor up. Finally, kill three guards while getting information out of the world's slowest most annoying "computer" which runs on reel-to-reel data.

On my game, the super computer no longer responds. The right-click option of 'retrieve data' goes dark gray when I try to click, and will not change. Without completing this part of the mission, there is no way out of this part of the building.

This SEEMS to have started when the Master Server went down. I know single-player does not require an internet connection, but I am interested if anyone else is experiencing this. Did a switch get flipped in single-player mode?

I'd lean towards random bug as the master server has nothing to do with the single player.

Yep seems a common bug :P still new bugs are being discovered though the game is 6 years old ^^

Obtain User Manual 220.6 and Appendix 7.582a. Read those, answer the questions and submit them along with form 33A-4LF.2b. Depending on your answers you'll be given access to the super computer within 5 - 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same problem indeed with the super computer when I tried to play single game, it does not respond. I've disabled the livesforever mod, but I discover that I could not load my previous saves, the game crashed. So I've to begin the whole stuff by the beginning with the mod off and then all was back to normal.

Anyway a spy life is a dangerous one... You are sure to be safe in the shadows then.... OMG !

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7141/pa...ettealoldi3.jpg

I tested this, and it holds up on my computer.

The LivesForever Mod, for the most part, does not affect single-player games. However, the Super Computer in Siberia will not retrieve data for you if you are running that mod.

Games saved WITHOUT using Livesforever load fine either way.

I tested this, and it holds up on my computer.

The LivesForever Mod, for the most part, does not affect single-player games. However, the Super Computer in Siberia will not retrieve data for you if you are running that mod.

Games saved WITHOUT using Livesforever load fine either way.

Basically turn off the mod to play single player ;)