It Stopped Working!!!

poppawoody

It stopped working!!!

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

The new Join by IP was working just fine for me the past few days up until just last night.

This morning I went to login... and it doesn't go.

I didn't make any changes, select the same rooms I always do...

yet I get an error message saying "ERROR-Unable to Join Selected Game Session."

Wha happened...???

Please don't tell me it's broke again!

Puh-leeeeezzze.... HELP!

The sfi and unityHQ servers are down, PNX is online but not joinable as they dont run the LivesForever mod.

The sfi and unityHQ servers are down, PNX is online but not joinable as they dont run the LivesForever mod.

I don't understand all the "gamespeak stuff" and I just about figured out how to connect to SFI'

s servers with Join By IP.

How is "PNX" online then?

I thought only SFI was hosting servers.

If not... how do I find the other ones running (if any)?

What "mods" are they (or anyone else for that matter) running? (Said I, as if I really understood what a mod actually is...)

:P

And how do I find theirs and other "mods" and join?

(please expalin as if I were retarded... I really don't get all this stuff...)

:lol:

Thanks!

Edited by poppawoody

I cannot speak for the specific servers and what they are running. However, I will say that with the new multiplayer environment, all servers need to be running some sort of mod that removes the check for a CD key. There is no way to validate those keys now, so that has to be out of there.

The LivesForever mod is such a mod. Other servers might run other mods that do this as well.

That said, I will leave it to PNX and URA and anyone else who actually makes mods or runs servers to say more.

I cannot speak for the specific servers and what they are running. However, I will say that with the new multiplayer environment, all servers need to be running some sort of mod that removes the check for a CD key. There is no way to validate those keys now, so that has to be out of there.

The LivesForever mod is such a mod. Other servers might run other mods that do this as well.

That said, I will leave it to PNX and URA and anyone else who actually makes mods or runs servers to say more.

We run the Livesforever Mod on the SFI DM,DD and the UHQ DD. I've also setup a weapons mod server that works post masterserver shutdown.

Sorry about the servers being down seems Windows updates decided to reboot my server box over night.

They're all back up now.