How to play NOLF 2 Multiplayer now that the master server is shutdown

By the way when I try to join any server I get a message like "error unable to load world resources" so I can't play. Except in the cooperative server, I get the Client MFC has stopped working crash message.

Edited by CoLdOwN

You get that message if you don't have the map running on the server. Do you have the map pack installed?

You get that message if you don't have the map running on the server. Do you have the map pack installed?

I do now, thanks. I should have all the mods I need for now.

Epic.didnt know something like this still extist,thanks for keeping one of the best FPS out there still alive

Welcome to the forum. Look forware to seeing you in the servers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nice guide, been craving some nolf2

Glad it was helpful for you.

Welcome to the forum.

When I go to the Forums tab, I see server info on the side, and it says one server has 11 people in it. But when I open up the game with the Multiplayer Launcher, it says all servers are empty.

Also, when I click on the banner for the server, and I get taken to GameTracker, and I try to run the game through GameTracker, it says I don't have the game installed. Is it because it's technically through FEAR or something?

When I go to the Forums tab, I see server info on the side, and it says one server has 11 people in it. But when I open up the game with the Multiplayer Launcher, it says all servers are empty.

Also, when I click on the banner for the server, and I get taken to GameTracker, and I try to run the game through GameTracker, it says I don't have the game installed. Is it because it's technically through FEAR or something?

Gametracker isn't so good at reporting when players leave the server.

To answer the second part. Since we are using the FEAR banners to show server up status if you use Gametracker's launcher it would search for the FEAR folder and executable not NOLF 2's.

Would be best to use the Join by IP tool or the Multiplayer launcher to join the servers.

Gametracker isn't so good at reporting when players leave the server.

To answer the second part. Since we are using the FEAR banners to show server up status if you use Gametracker's launcher it would search for the FEAR folder and executable not NOLF 2's.

Would be best to use the Join by IP tool or the Multiplayer launcher to join the servers.

Thanks, Eliteone. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with the number of people on the servers. I will stick with the other ways to join servers, and hopefully I'll catch someone in there someday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's pretty straightforward. You need the mod working to join the UHQ servers

Which part of it are you having difficulities with?

Okay, having a few issues I haven't been able to figure out:

I followed all of the steps up to this point. "Custom" doesn't appear in the game's startup menu. So, kind of stalling right there.

It should be noted that I'm running Win7 Home Premium (the 64bit one), which has been known to have issues. Chief among them: games don't work in the "Program Files" folder, they default to "Program Files (x86)".

The game loads fine and everything, but as far as the online feature... I always default to "Well, must have done something wrong, then." Help? Suggestions?

Really appreciate it.

Okay, having a few issues I haven't been able to figure out:

I followed all of the steps up to this point. "Custom" doesn't appear in the game's startup menu. So, kind of stalling right there.

It should be noted that I'm running Win7 Home Premium (the 64bit one), which has been known to have issues. Chief among them: games don't work in the "Program Files" folder, they default to "Program Files (x86)".

The game loads fine and everything, but as far as the online feature... I always default to "Well, must have done something wrong, then." Help? Suggestions?

Really appreciate it.

I assume you've applied the 1.3 retail patch etc.?

The Join by IP program says "the serverlist could not be loaded".

Have you installed the LivesForever mod from the UHQ downloads?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.