How to play NOLF 2 Multiplayer now that the master server is shutdown

Ok figured it out thanks. Between installing Ura's mod, strictly allowing all things through the various firewalls and running the server as standalone it all works now. thanks again for the awesome tools and I'll keep my software running as much as possible if anyone else wants to join. The IP will change as my ISP doesn't use fixed IPs but it'll be a mixture of coop, doomsday and deathmatch at various points. I just wish monolith would release tools like this for GCI, as I love that game too but not enough people play it. It would be awesome to host a server for it.

• 1 month later...

can someone make a coop server please

i had an error saying cannot load world objects. what should i do?

UnityHQ hosts a 24/7 running Co-Op server.

That error message indicates you don't have the map running on the server. Have you downloaded the UnityHQ map packs yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you extract/install to the Custom\Mods folder in NOLF2's main folder?

Default location under 32bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\Custom\Mods

Default location under 64bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\Custom\Mods

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm new and I have a problem with this multiplayer thingie :(

I did everything and whenever I try to join one of those servers by JoinByIP, it says something like "you've been banned or kicked from the server". That's weird because I've never tried multiplayer before, how is it possible for me to be banned? Could someone tell me what to do? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Irem94

Hey guys, I'm new and I have a problem with this multiplayer thingie :(

I did everything and whenever I try to join one of those servers by JoinByIP, it says something like "you've been banned or kicked from the server". That's weird because I've never tried multiplayer before, how is it possible for me to be banned? Could someone tell me what to do? Thanks in advance!

Go here http://www.whatsmyip.org/

Send me the IP address it reports by personal message and I can check it against the servers.

Do you have the map packs from the downloads installed? Sometimes if you're missing the map you can get that message as we run some custom maps on the servers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I am having the server.dll problem. Is there a fix for this?

When hosting a server or regular gameplay?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.