How to play NOLF 2 Multiplayer now that the master server is shutdown

What are you running for a firewall? You will need to create an exception for the Join by IP tool so it can query.

What are you running for a firewall? You will need to create an exception for the Join by IP tool so it can query.

Just the firewall built into Windows 7. I've disabled the firewall, but to no avail. Is there a location for downloading a server configuration (I see there is an input for this)?

You can get the ip addresses from the game tracker icons here on the forum. You can also try the multiplayer launcher program by URA in the downloads section

You can get the ip addresses from the game tracker icons here on the forum. You can also try the multiplayer launcher program by URA in the downloads section

Oh wow, I didn't know there was another program. That one worked great! I don't know why you don't use that one as the standard method of playing online.

Oh wow, I didn't know there was another program. That one worked great! I don't know why you don't use that one as the standard method of playing online.

Glad you got it sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

This is odd...my roomie helped me get the game running...but files I've downloaded to extract to the relevant file folder won't extract to it. Can't seem to add any of the mods, maps, or new server to the game....yet it Is running singleplayer, the new folder is in place but empty, and the custom button now shos up on the launch screen. Any suggestions?

This is odd...my roomie helped me get the game running...but files I've downloaded to extract to the relevant file folder won't extract to it. Can't seem to add any of the mods, maps, or new server to the game....yet it Is running singleplayer, the new folder is in place but empty, and the custom button now shos up on the launch screen. Any suggestions?

Windows7?

I assume you are referring to the LiveForever mod or the map packs?

Yes to all.. Windows7 and LiveForever mod and map packs.The add-ons were downloaded, but the won't go into the file. folder.

Yes to all.. Windows7 and LiveForever mod and map packs.The add-ons were downloaded, but the won't go into the file. folder.

I assume you are patched to version 1.3?

Yes I am.

Yes I am.

Specifically what folder are you trying to put the mod into? The Unity Mapack should extract to the custom resources folder.

When I look for the custom resources folder, or anything else that's suppsed to be in the live Forever folder, ther's nothing there. I've tried reloading it all, redownloading it all, but when I open the file using the custom bubble its empty. When I try to open it in windows, same thing.

When I look for the custom resources folder, or anything else that's suppsed to be in the live Forever folder, ther's nothing there. I've tried reloading it all, redownloading it all, but when I open the file using the custom bubble its empty. When I try to open it in windows, same thing.

Windows7? Can you right click the installers and select the run as administrator option?

thank you! :) its nice to be here! even though i don't see many people online! :(

I think you can find most of the regular players on around 3 pm eastern usually, especially on the weekends.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to install this game again....Lets see how that works out. When i download join by ip and livesforever mod it comes as .rar files. Is that ok? Or does it have to be rez? If thats the case, how do you change it to rez? :P Thanks

Lol mothing works :/ Been away so long i forgot how it works ^^ This join by ip tool is just a rar file after i downloaded it. How do i make it like on the screenshot on the first page, like where i see all the servers etc. And the 1.3 patch for the game is going to be in which folder? lol...............

You extract the .rar files. rar is a file compression utility.

The .rez files are contained in the .rar or in some cases .zip files.

may i know where to look out for the active server ip?

i tried the original ip & the one posted in the image but shows no game.

also do we still need the cd key since sierra server is no longer there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.