Old Salt

It Just Closed!

3:02 PM EST NOLF 2 Multiplayer Master server closed down..."WS = Timed Out". AvP2 MS also closed....... :angry:

Edited by Old Salt

Refer to this post I made in the other topic on how to setup your Join by IP tool to see the active servers.

Join by IP Tool url info

Бля.....

And if to be honset i still cant beleive that they did not change their decision! :huh:

Бля !!!!

I just tried it Eliteone. For [sFI] DM & DD servers. "Invalid CD Key" is error message I received.

I just tried it Eliteone. For [sFI] DM & DD servers. "Invalid CD Key" is error message I received.

Using the Join by IP tool?

Or trying to join a game the regular way?

Also here's a list of the server if you want to make batch files for them ( paste the line for the server you want into notepad and save the file as *****.bat (Example SFIDM.bat)

NOLF2.exe - options - Command Line - Always pass command line arguments to the game (mark X)

And then into a field “ Command Line ” to enter:

NOLF2.exe-GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 84.243.201.2:27887

(For a server *PNX*-Clan Server (84.243.201.2:27887 ) DoomsDay)

Or

NOLF2.exe-GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 70.86.157.250:27886

(For server Unityhq.net Custom maps (70.86.157.250:27886 ) DoomsDay)

Or

NOLF2.exe-GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 70.86.157.250:28888

(For a server {sfi} www.sficlan.net (70.86.157.250:28888 ) DoomsDay)

Or

NOLF2.exe-GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 70.86.157.250:27888

(For a server {SFI} Clan Nolf2 www.sficlan.net (70.86.157.250:27888 ) Deathmatch)

by Regualar way it says about WS_TimeOut....

by Joinung by IP tool.... i think they dropped our CD-keys! If in entering it again, its should check it via inet, else i cant join. Offcors im canceling checking (!) Cd key stays at its place. Then im leaving game, launching tool, choosing a server, and INVALID CD-kEY!!!! When i checked it, i noticed that CD-key field is EMPTY again!!!! Any solution for that?

by Regualar way it says about WS_TimeOut....

by Joinung by IP tool.... i think they dropped our CD-keys! If in entering it again, its should check it via inet, else i cant join. Offcors im canceling checking (!) Cd key stays at its place. Then im leaving game, launching tool, choosing a server, and INVALID CD-kEY!!!! When i checked it, i noticed that CD-key field is EMPTY again!!!! Any solution for that?

I have an idea on how to but I'm going to have to remember how to tell the servers not to check for the CD Keys.

It would be nice if you could remember that!

I know how to make server w/o CD-key veryfication, but i dont know how to dissallow (shutdown, whatever) them to check it when server is running....

It would be nice if you could remember that!

I know how to make server w/o CD-key veryfication, but i dont know how to dissallow (shutdown, whatever) them to check it when server is running....

Can you PM me the configuration information for doing that?

Can you PM me the configuration information for doing that?

I'm getting the same thing E1.

Won't take my CD Key.

Says it's invalid.

Also... couldya wouldya kinda 'splain dere Lucy... just wot you mean in da post above with that 'batchfile" stuffs.

Not all of us here are true-blue, hardcore gaming geeks.

How do you make that file?

What's it for?

What do you do with it?

How do you use it?

And do you just copy and paste it into a notepad file AS IS... with all those "OR"s in there...?

or is that an instruction?

Thanks sweetie!

Poppa Woody

a.k.a. Heywood Jablomi

NOLF2.exe-GOMULTIJOIN 1 +join 70.86.157.250:28888

would be one batch file.

You open notepad paste this in and then save it as UHQDD.bat

Then place it in your nolf 2 folder C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2

Right click it and send a shortcut to your desktop.

Not sure if they will work though as it seems the servers are trying to check CD keys but that's failing since they can't talk to the master servers anymore.

Thought this would happen so I went ahead and dug up the source :lol:

I just made a mod called LivesForever- Both the server and clients must use run it, just like any mod to by-pass the *dead* master server.

***You must still use Join-by-IP tool/Batch Files/Gamespy.

Test it:

If there's no probs go ahead and upload it to your server.

Link:

http://hosted.filefront.com/ElZerro/

:mml:

If you have problems running a dedicated server, there are quick ways around it (ie run as LAN game, then edit the LANONLY feature in the server profile).

I just made a mod called LivesForever- Both the server and clients must use run it, just like any mod to by-pass the *dead* master server.

Test it:

Link:

If you have problems running a dedicated server, there are quick ways around it (ie run as LAN game, then edit the LANONLY feature in the server profile).

I've set it up on this server 70.86.157.250:29999

I know there is a command line way to tell the server to not check CD keys but I can't remember it.

To Blizzard: I HATE YOU

from Natter

IP-tool only shows the DM server

but no way to join ...CD-KEY desaster :cry2:

I've set it up on this server 70.86.157.250:29999

I know there is a command line way to tell the server to not check CD keys but I can't remember it.

I don't think there is anyway to turn this off on the dedicated servers :(

The game client itself is trying check the cd-key before attempting too connecting to the game server and defaults to false :angry: (this is another reason why I like CJ, its done by the game servers and defaults to true if something went wrong).

Test it:

Link:

Cool! And I was about to unpack a clean v1.3 source and patch it up ;)

Weapons-05 is now patched as well (no installer atm. the NSIS script is gone along with my 2nd HDD :rip_1:)

Weapons-05a.7z

I don't think there is anyway to turn this off on the dedicated servers :(

The game client itself is trying check the cd-key before attempting too connecting to the game server and defaults to false :angry: (this is another reason why I like CJ, its done by the game servers and defaults to true if something went wrong).

Cool! And I was about to unpack a clean v1.3 source and patch it up ;)

Weapons-05 is now patched as well (no installer atm. the NSIS script is gone along with my 2nd HDD :rip_1:)

Weapons-05a.7z

Hey URA I couldn't get Zero's mod to load using the nolf2srv.exe you made for reporting to the join by IP. Any Ideas?

well, i tried to join with this mod too, but it says: unable to join selected game session.... maybe cz server had no mod yet?

well, i tried to join with this mod too, but it says: unable to join selected game session.... maybe cz server had no mod yet?

I only have the mod running on this server so far 70.86.157.250:29999.

Try to connect to that server. Of course you have to enable the mod trough the game launch menu like any other mod first.

I've set the SFI and UHQ servers to run the Livesforever mod.

You can download it from here.

If you have any problems connecting post here.

Thats what i have wile trying to join UHQ Custom Maps server :(

Sry, i dont have resizing function where i uploaded images. Its much better than ImageShak, but its has no such feat :mrgreen:

DIH_TED has same problem, though.

0_207e7_41fc5251_orig.jpg

Edited by =NS= Agent 224

No connection for me or Agent 224. But IP address does appear on server load screen. [sFI] Servers say, "Banned or kicked from server". Unity Server says, "Unable to join selected game session".

No connection for me or Agent 224. But IP address does appear on server load screen. [sFI] Servers say, "Banned or kicked from server". Unity Server says, "Unable to join selected game session".

TRUE

Hey URA I couldn't get Zero's mod to load using the nolf2srv.exe you made for reporting to the join by IP. Any Ideas?

Yes, there is no command line mod support in the original server .exe, I only added http post at startup and when the stop server button is pressed.

Mods are loaded from the registry string HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0 SelectedMod

I'll be hosting a server for a few hours with Weapons-05a loaded, point Join_by_IP to: http://ura.exofire.net/tmp

I also added myself to http://sficlan.net/nolf2servers/tmp but the files aren't refreshing :cry2:

Guys try to connect to them now.

Yes, there is no command line mod support in the original server .exe, I only added http post at startup and when the stop server button is pressed.

Mods are loaded from the registry string HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2\1.0 SelectedMod

I'll be hosting a server for a few hours with Weapons-05a loaded, point Join_by_IP to: http://ura.exofire.net/tmp

I also added myself to http://sficlan.net/nolf2servers/tmp but the files aren't refreshing :cry2:

Ok fixed the refresh prob :mml:

I saw Ted trying to connect as I was rebooting servers so try it again if you could Ted.