Bad news!

[TNT] Sonic Goo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any possibility to implement these pics in a small program that checks it for us when we run it?

Bookmark this if you like:

http://scenicandlighting.com/nolf2/servers.htm

Something like this could be a part of Eliteone's program for joining (which is excellent, btw).

Something like this could be on the UnityHQ page with the world map, too.

Bookmark this if you like:

Something like this could be a part of Eliteone's program for joining (which is excellent, btw).

Something like this could be on the UnityHQ page with the world map, too.

Done!!

It's on the portal page now B)

Awesome. Now, one more thing that might make this even a little more brainless: How about a link to your Join by IP tool, right there with those gametrackers?

Need help joining a multiplayer game? Install this tool.

I added a download link to what I posted before:

Edited by kepler

Awesome. Now, one more thing that might make this even a little more brainless: How about a link to your Join by IP tool, right there with those gametrackers?

Need help joining a multiplayer game? Install this tool.

I added a download link to what I posted before:

Okies Done....................

Anything else? :P

Maybe a URL at the pics to the server stats, who played most, who scored most, stuff like that is available on gametracker :)

I don't use game tracker - tell me about it. Where do you get it, is it stable, any spyware, etc. Is it cumbersome if you don't play much else?

I didn't put the links on those images when I put the HTML on my website. I think Eliteone copied the content as it was for expediency. Is it just a matter of restoring the original links?

Edited by kepler

at gametracker people can set their servers' details and then gametracker checks the server on players and stats like kill death ratio and overall scores :) it's not a program, it's a website :)! have a look at http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/84....888/top_players

pnx server ;)!

I found myself there in 3 diffrent nicknames ^_^

Makeshift master server idea, I came up with most of this the other night half asleep ;)

Game servers (1)

Batch file launches .exe asking for server port number and maybe other details (mode, mod, rules, etc.)

.exe post port and user data to .php server

Batch starts server.exe

Batch launches new .exe when server shuts down that posts port number to remove from database at .php server

Game servers (2)

Make a new server.exe that post this data at startup/shutdown and maybe heartbeat data every few mins to renew server status and/or keep the server from getting removed by an auto clean up script at the master server.

Client (Join by IP Tool)

Download server list from make shift master server.

Query all listed servers (GSInfo and GSList has source code that maybe useful).

Select and join.

Master server (PHP/SQL based)

Recive post data from servers, use IP from packet, port and other info from post data.

Add IP, port, mode, mod, ect. to database.

Remove servers from database in remove script by IP from packet and port from post data.

Maybe an auto clean up script...

I'm not so into this master server and joining stuff but Im sure it's a great idea URA :lol:

Crossing my fingers that they place the master server business in your hands, e1.

It's hard enough getting new players as it is - none of them are going to have the knowledge or drive to seek out ways to jump through hoops in order to find an online game.

I suppose this day was inevitable, but I always just sort of thought it wouldn't happen if I didn't think about it. :D

I agree about the hoops. However, we aren't getting many new players anyway. The game hasn't been sold in stores in a long time anyway.

We could list more servers here possibly (coop as well). Then, I think the server status area and the Join by IP tool should be available on other forums and places as well, or at least a clear link. Propogate the internet's awareness of how to join, so that it is an easy thing to goggle.

Right now, if you google "NOLF2 Multiplayer," you get nothing useful. The first article is a 2003 PC News story about the multiplayer update release.

I just wanted to thank E1, Bella, and everyone else who has kept NOLF2 alive. My brother {SFI}Lazieye and I love the friendliness of the community. Hopefully we'll all be playing NOLF2 for years to come.

--Will, a.k.a. ErraticPing

If you can code it URA I'll host it B)

is nolf2 dead now or not? :( i dont practically play nolf2 anymore but i do have MEMORIES & GOOD TIMES in my mind Thank U!!! hopefully we'll meet eachother in some other game :) or is there already some other game ppl play?

is nolf2 dead now or not? :( i dont practically play nolf2 anymore but i do have MEMORIES & GOOD TIMES in my mind Thank U!!! hopefully we'll meet eachother in some other game :) or is there already some other game ppl play?

FearCombat

Bf2142

Cs Source

...more to come

XD

If you can code it URA I'll host it B)

This seems to work ^_^

URA's NOLF2 Server Beta 1

Added libcurl support (7.15.1-msvc-win32-ssl-0.9.8a-zlib-1.2.3)

What it does: It sends basic server data to a web server defined in servers.txt at startup and sends the port number at shutdown. Other than that, it is the same as the default NOLF2Srv.exe.

What it sends: Port number, server name, game type, mod name and max players.

Includes Join_by_IP tool

NOLF2Srv_Beta1.zip

----

URA's Servers.php v1.0

_mysql.php - MySql database to connect to.

_settings2.php - A striped down version from WebSPELL CMS

servers.php - Adds/removes servers and writes 8 .txt files to tmp/ (used for Join_by_IP tool)

servers-ins.php - Sets up table (game_server_ip) in the database defined in _mysql.php

Fell free to modify servers.php ;)

Note: server-ins.php should be deleted after setting up game_server_ip table.

Servers_v1.0.zip