Music Is NOT Working!

EdVack

Hi all.

I hope people still come around here to help. I need someone who is savvy with the sound system for NOLF GOTY, as to what it is and how it works. I've heard rumors that it either uses MIDI or DirectSound/DirectMusic, and supposedly Vista has "deprecated" support for directsound. I have no idea which is true. All I know is that I am running this game on my Acer Extensa 4420 laptop which runs on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, and aside from percussion the music just is NOT working for me at all. To avoid repititious advice that I've already came across through searching on other NOLF forums...apparently a few other people have been able to mention this problem. Not sure if too many others have tried NOLF on any versions of Vista.

Here is a list of things I've already tried:

1. First thing I did was re-installed and just recently I noticed that not only won't autorun launch but when I install there is no music in installation and I vaguely remember there being music even in installation.
  2. Tried configuring ALL available in game sound options(turning on/off sound filters, disabling music, etc).
  3. I've updated the drivers for my integrated Realtek High Definition Audio Device and still no luck.
  4. There are NO sliders or customization allowed for direct sound through directx in DXDiag so please don't suggest that unless you know an advanced way of configuring hardware sound through Vista.
  5. Last but not least I've tried Asio4All drivers as well and that has not worked
... any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I simply NEED the music for the game to be as enjoyable as it was way back when.

Help is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

I found these sites that may have a possible solution for your issue.

http://keznews.com/2147_Creative_Hardware_...Audio_for_Vista

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...cf5f101033.mspx

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately it didn't seem to work. Though the OpenAL thing might have worked, there is no official support for NOLF1. I'm not an advanced user but I'm sure it's not hard to configure the ones that support NOLF2 for part 1 as I am sure they use only a slightly different version of the same LithTech engine. I will verify this when I can. Until then, It seems the next alternative is to simply just play this game on XP. I'm going to have to dual boot. Thank god there is GOOGSTER to help me find simple and quick Instructions on how to do this. Hope this helps others of you out there with the same problem.

Edited by EdVack