need help with co-op with my friend

I know theres another topic just below mine adressing this, but i need some more elaborate explaination.

When i go into co-op from the internet menu, i get this:

Error Retrieving latest version information ( WS ServerReq Noserversspecified )

nothing happens when i go to lan

triggerhappy in the other topic said it has to do with the internet connection or the master server, and obviously right now my internet works but i dont know what the master server is.

i also have a question, if i use the program hamachi (www.hamachi.cc), would i be able to connect to my friend over lan?

he doesnt live in my house.

thanks for any suggestions, im really looking forward to playing this with my friend!

I know theres another topic just below mine adressing this, but i need some more elaborate explaination.

When i go into co-op from the internet menu, i get this:

Error Retrieving latest version information ( WS ServerReq Noserversspecified )

nothing happens when i go to lan

triggerhappy in the other topic said it has to do with the internet connection or the master server, and obviously right now my internet works but i dont know what the master server is.

i also have a question, if i use the program hamachi (www.hamachi.cc), would i be able to connect to my friend over lan?

he doesnt live in my house.

thanks for any suggestions, im really looking forward to playing this with my friend!

What version are you running for NOLF2? (Should be version 1.3 retail)

If it isn't visit the downloads section to patch your game.

Hamachi DOES work with NOLF2. I've used it myself before. I just don't know what would be causing that to happen. I would suggest it might be something to do with the CD key, but it sounds like it won't even let you get that far, so again I really can't guess as to what it could be. I mean, if you're getting internet on all of your other applications, then we know it should be receiving access. Do you have a firewall? That would be my only other thought. If you have a firewall and you haven't configured it to have NOLF2 access the internet it might block it from accessing the internet giving you that error. Dunno. I'll post anything else I can think of if I do.

Hamachi DOES work with NOLF2. I've used it myself before. I just don't know what would be causing that to happen. I would suggest it might be something to do with the CD key, but it sounds like it won't even let you get that far, so again I really can't guess as to what it could be. I mean, if you're getting internet on all of your other applications, then we know it should be receiving access. Do you have a firewall? That would be my only other thought. If you have a firewall and you haven't configured it to have NOLF2 access the internet it might block it from accessing the internet giving you that error. Dunno. I'll post anything else I can think of if I do.

does hamachi work if i select LAN instead of internet? because it lets me make a game in lan.

and i forwarded port 27888 on my router firewall and my windows firewall so i dont think it might be a problem.

thanks for the quick responses tho guys.

does hamachi work if i select LAN instead of internet? because it lets me make a game in lan.

and i forwarded port 27888 on my router firewall and my windows firewall so i dont think it might be a problem.

thanks for the quick responses tho guys.

Not sure about that hamachi business, but I think it should work on LAN. Don't know though, you'll just have to try it.

I don't know what kind of firewall you're using, but I know that if you're running your connection through a router it works a little differently. Your software firewall though you should try connecting while temporarily disabled just to see if it is blocking access. If it definitely isn't your firewall, then I'm all out of suggestions.

Not sure about that hamachi business, but I think it should work on LAN. Don't know though, you'll just have to try it.

I don't know what kind of firewall you're using, but I know that if you're running your connection through a router it works a little differently. Your software firewall though you should try connecting while temporarily disabled just to see if it is blocking access. If it definitely isn't your firewall, then I'm all out of suggestions.

the only firewalls i have as i know about is my router one and the generic one that comes with windows, and i just disabled that one and it still shows up =[.

thanks for the help though :D

edit: i just went on nolf1 and it let me join a server, i dont know if that helps or not <_<

Edited by swordknight

Open a command window and use the ping command to ping the other PC on your network that you are trying to see.

To find out the IP addresses in the command window type it ipconfig /all at the prompt.

Open a command window and use the ping command to ping the other PC on your network that you are trying to see.

To find out the IP addresses in the command window type it ipconfig /all at the prompt.

im not trying to actually lan to my other computer, im just wondering if hamachi would make it seem like we are playing on lan, because the LAN option on NOLF2 works for me.