Sign in to follow this  
Zymon

The state of BAB

12 posts in this topic

I didnt know where to put this topic, admins can move it if ya like.

So, as you all might know BAB aint that active in Nolf2 any longer.

There are some reasons why it's happened.

Since the BAB forums are quite dead I chose to post this here...

Both Cheese and Skizzor (who are our only admins at the site) are missing since a few months back.

That is only of what I now. There are a few members still active but we are in no position really of doing anything as it is now.

I'm not sure really what will happen.. But lets just say that we are inactive atm. In Nolf2.

If anyone could contact Cheese and get him online to at least say hi (I've tried) then that would be nice..

I thought for a while that something had happened to him :/

I hope everyone in BAB agrees with me posting this, anyhow this is how I see it.

I and Metal have a guild with around 30 members in GuildWars, and we are almost the only ones I see around from the former BAB team nowadays... :(

If anyone thinks I'm wrong or think I have missed out on some facts here then correct it..

I just want to clear some things out...

Its a pity that BAB is in this condition at the moment :(

I dont know if it helps, but I have sent Cheese an email.

Is it possible that BAB makes a new start ? (when Cheese and Skizzor dont show up anymore)

With new admins and a new leader ?

If you need any help let me know, coz I dont want BAB to die !

Indeed it's a pity.

BAB was really going strong late '06 and middle of '07.

I got recruited by Pepper in December 2006 and it was so great being in a Nolf2 clan..

I've really enjoyed my time in BAB and I've always stated that I'll never leave Bab. And I haven't.

Many that have said the same are gone now though.

Almost none are still left...

I and Metal doesnt play Nolf2 that active as it is today, I play it when I can though. So out of us we couldn't be able to start something new in Nolf2 really.

Maybe if we get a new site going, which we might get.

All the new members we have in our guild are really nice, but none play Nolf2.

And I and Metal dedicate our time more on GW and building up the GW division.

Gone, either left or dissappeared: Cheese, Pep, Chino, MISTRESS, Mys7ic Guru, norstar, bongchick, Rackin, Mr. Archer, Knox, John, A. Bullit, starfighter, stormrider

Still plays, never hear from tho: Baron, Petas, J-Girl, Masakr

Now with the Nolf2 community getting smaller BAB is unforunately going with it.

Your dedication to the Nolf2 community is well appriciated Muikkie :)

I would be jsut as sad as you if we couldn't revive BAB from here, but at this moment it looks quite dark.

I got my hands full Irl and online already as it is, reviving this Nolf2 division is nothing I will concentrate on

I hope I'm not overreacting :S

But I do think this is what everyone else has noticed too?

Skizzor logs in ocasuonally though not posting anything. I personally am not kinky on scheduling matches again. It takes too much nervesand time. If someone from our clan wants to take over, I am ok with it.

I don' think it's just BAB that is seeing a lack of players but NOLF2 in general. People just aren't playing as much anymore. :unsure:

I play consistently on Wednesdays and Thursdays. If more people played in the SFI/UnityHQ servers in the morning-noon, I could play every day. I like how NOLF2 has approximately 6 servers running 24/7, and COD4 has like 175XX dedicated servers running all the time! :D It takes 2 seconds to get a list for NOLF2 and about a good 2+ minutes to get the full list of servers for COD4. Incredible that any game has 17000 some servers constantly running online. Regardless, I can find players at all times of the day for COD4 where as if I don't join at the right time for NOLF2 it's completely dead. I love NOLF2 and I will always continue to play it as long as others are showing up as well, but it's hard to play a multiplayer game when you're the only one in it. :D

Is Cheese & Skizz the only ones that can add a new admin?

Is Cheese & Skizz the only ones that can add a new admin?

Yup

So well I might just say that BAB is technically dead.

No one has pulled the plugg or set the "time of death" yet tho ;)

So well I might just say that BAB is technically dead.

So technically nothing has changed to BAB's state since Mid of July 2006? :lol:

Much have changed since then, but ever since late 2007 and beginning of this year it's been going straight down

coffee-1.gif

Something like that ^^ Doesn't matter which line that is the BAB line

Edited by Zymon

Haha nice... but what do the figures on the x-axis and the figures on the y-axis stand in connection with bab's state's development? :lol: (j/k)

Edited by P!NX