Sign in to follow this  
Triggerhappy

Hosting my files

I'm about fed up with file front because every month I visit my page they delete my maps from the list. I have to re-upload them which takes forever just so people who haven't gotten them can. Does anyone know of a better site or perhaps a better idea as far as being able to host my own files without having to deal with them magically disappearing every month or so? I've thought about creating my own website from a provided space given by my internet provider and seeing if perhaps I couldn't store them on there, but I don't know how to do that or if I can even store big files there. I don't have the time or patients to relearn how to create a website much less actually creating one, so maybe that's a dead end.

I'm about fed up with file front because every month I visit my page they delete my maps from the list. I have to re-upload them which takes forever just so people who haven't gotten them can. Does anyone know of a better site or perhaps a better idea as far as being able to host my own files without having to deal with them magically disappearing every month or so? I've thought about creating my own website from a provided space given by my internet provider and seeing if perhaps I couldn't store them on there, but I don't know how to do that or if I can even store big files there. I don't have the time or patients to relearn how to create a website much less actually creating one, so maybe that's a dead end.

We could probably host them for you on the unityhq downloads.

If your ISP deal includes even a little webspace, I would talk you through putting them online there. I personally find it to be a lot easier to post files on a server than to deal with a ready-made system like you are using, or geocities, or yahoo, or any of those others. You can create a bookmark in explorer that takes you directly into your FTP address, and then drag and drop files onto your server. Don't have a webpage editor? Microsoft Word does it just fine, and you don't have to know HTML. If you KNOW HTML, Notepad works well.

Really!!

Edited by kepler

Cool. I'll have to look into that then. Yeah, I used to know HTML pretty well about 4 years ago when I learned it :D but I really haven't used it at all since then, so I probably won't rely on that.

I always use snapdrive.net :)

Registered members get access to more features:

Use Snapdrive sharing widgets like our streaming mp3 player

Files do not expire.

Full file manager

Hotlinking allowed

Make files public, private or password protected

Full featured file hosting

Edited by -AOF- Poseidon