Tips for a beginner?

About 8 years ago, I made my house in Nolf, but it wasn't exactly perfect and I didn't have much instruction when I was working on it. I've recently decided to give DEdit another chance with Nolf2.

I was just wondering how you guys learned how to use the program. I've gone through some of the NOLF 2 Documentation file that the program comes with and even went through the steps to make the sample level, but I'm sure there are still a bunch of things I don't know.

If you guys have any advice or could point me in the direction of a website with tutorials on how to make efficient maps, that would be great.

Thanks.

I will most likely be creating The Brady Bunch house once I find out how to use the program properly.

Yeah go to The [word that rhymes with blue] [place where they make things]...(I don't think that word is illegal to say here is it?) EDIT: Guess it is, so I hinted it to you. :) Anyhow, their forum is a gold mine for DEdit help. Years of collective questions and answers. If I were you I wouldn't even mess with the NOLF2 documentation. It's pretty much worthless in most cases. I think they have good info on AI, but yeah not a lot there. Sounds like you already go a link to Spawnsite.net, which would be my next place to list.

Don't hesitate to PM me with questions if you have them. I understand how frustrating DEdit can be, and I'm still learning myself. Good luck with your house lol!

Edited by Triggerhappy

Yeah go to The [word that rhymes with blue] [place where they make things]...(I don't think that word is illegal to say here is it?) EDIT: Guess it is, so I hinted it to you. :) Anyhow, their forum is a gold mine for DEdit help. Years of collective questions and answers. If I were you I wouldn't even mess with the NOLF2 documentation. It's pretty much worthless in most cases. I think they have good info on AI, but yeah not a lot there. Sounds like you already go a link to Spawnsite.net, which would be my next place to list.

Don't hesitate to PM me with questions if you have them. I understand how frustrating DEdit can be, and I'm still learning myself. Good luck with your house lol!

Thanks, I'll see what they have there also. I get the feeling that mapping is going to turn into quite the process.