[NEW] Anti Cheat Mod for Nolf 2!!

Our Dan did a great job and he finished his next anti cheat mod for NOLF 2. V1.33

We will put this mod on our server in a week time.(28th March) So all get the files correctly so u can play on it right away.

Today I tested it at my server and the big 3 obstacles are now unable to use.

- Public downloadable Wallhack has been blocked

- Public wallhack including bad bad aimbot has been blocked

- LEANANGLE!! can still be changed, but when you join the server it will automaticly be set to default (8.0)

- CHAMS Blocked have been added into this version, Also German fix is included etc.

If you know any more hacks that exist, tell them to me and I will test them on the server.

INSTRUCTIONS INSTALLING MOD:

1) Download this file:http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?g...8aa6317706c75a4

2) Open the RAR file, Extract the EXP-Fix-V1.33 Folder to: C:/ProgramFiles/Fox/No One lives forever 2/Custom/Mods

3) Start No One Lives forever 2, Click Custom --> Put a mark in front of Exp-Fix-V1.32. Press OK and then PLAY.

4) Join server, Have fun.

Credits goes to DAN.

Fixes in 1.33:

New in V1.33:

Bug: Incompatibility with the French, German and Czech versions of NOLF 2 - fixed (1.33)

Bug: Third Person View still enabled bug - fixed. Third person view is now unavailable in multiplayer games (1.33)

Skin files for character models now checked to see if they are the original versions to help guard against the use of cham skins. Note that this is part of the system that also checks key attribute and model files (see below) (1.33)

Edited by =NS= Unknown

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah well, great to see that dan fixed the incompatibilities with the exp-fix 1.3 and the german version of the game.rez

with the earlier version of the fix (1.3)--->

ppi.jpg

ppideen.jpg

...which was bs anyways, cause that popupitems isn't relevant in nolf2 mp -.-

I'll update my server with that file as soon as the other 2 servers have it. (I'll be the last to update)

Edited by P!NX

Curious if this plays well with the new custom mappack updater released by URA and Spawn. (you answered this on the SFI forum in a way)

I have some hesistation converting everything over cause unless it redirects a new player to download it then new players to the game won't be able to play.

I think it's an excellent idea for clan matches etc.

As small as the NOLF2 community is we shouldn't "shut the door" on new players who have just discovered the game by converting every server over to this unless the "how to get this to new players etc" is addressed.

We dont shut the door, Its good if you want all that accusers + Hackers away for a while. If its just very clear on UHQ and other sites that new people need to download this too.. 1 extra thing doesnt matter I guess?? New people need to find out the Retail patch and Mappakc 1 and 2 too to play MP. So thats no problem I guess, but lets see how it goes. :D

At least for matches its a good thing!!

We dont shut the door, Its good if you want all that accusers + Hackers away for a while. If its just very clear on UHQ and other sites that new people need to download this too.. 1 extra thing doesnt matter I guess?? New people need to find out the Retail patch and Mappakc 1 and 2 too to play MP. So thats no problem I guess, but lets see how it goes. :D

At least for matches its a good thing!!

The game tells them if they need to patch to version 1.3. which is my point. If this was deployable in such a manner that the game would report they need to update to it then it would be great.

Like I said before it's a great idea for matches.

Perhaps I'll add an additional 24/7 server to run this (assuming Dan doesn't throw some voodoo curse on me for using it :whistle: ).

Ahh yea Your right about that.

Woot that should be cool :D Well if we get it at NS and PNX server and u add another Server using it it should be awsome too :) Lets all start next week so all people can get ready for it ;) Hope this is a stable anti cheat but at least for lean angle and the public hax out here it does his job ;)

Have fun all!!

Checked out the mod, it uses Dan's new nolf2srv.exe so that means we have to do something to the last mappack to adjust it to the anticheat fix.. gonna have a update ready by tomorrow. I'll put the whole thing back into rezformat so that it can be hosted on his server :)

We didn't really count on that we needed a own dedicated server for this mappack :whistle:

Checked out the mod, it uses Dan's new nolf2srv.exe so that means we have to do something to the last mappack to adjust it to the anticheat fix.. gonna have a update ready by tomorrow. I'll put the whole thing back into rezformat so that it can be hosted on his server :)

We didn't really count on that we needed a own dedicated server for this mappack :whistle:

Back to Rez............................................. :wacko:

"how to get this to new players etc" is addressed.

I have an idea about that. :mml:

It wont be addressing ppl from the game, but though, I think it can do some work. ;)

Edited by METAL

download the english game.rez version somewhere or make someone send it to you and place it in your nolf2 folder.

alternatively derez the game.rez replace the german fx.txt file in it with the english one and then re-rez it... winrezLT should do the job.

\attributes\fx.txt is invalid and does not match the retail version.

German version :wacko:

I was wondering about the other languages working on it.

download the english game.rez version somewhere or make someone send it to you and place it in your nolf2 folder.

alternatively derez the game.rez replace the german fx.txt file in it with the english one and then re-rez it... winrezLT should do the job.

Seems like quite a hassle to be able to play the game in your native language.

Not every player of PC games is tech saavy either so there needs to be a install it a go version for them to be able to use this.

Duh, I thought this has been solved.

Have you tryed the original link Nat?

EDIT: I have just noticed that the folder from The site that shall not be named is in strange order at first.

But when I've just unpacked the folder in my mods folder, I could run the mod too. :blink:

It was nolf2 exp-fix 1.32 i think, instead of exp-fix 1-32. But it was working, though it didnt done the check at the start. :unsure:

Edited by METAL

Ok i re rezded a nutella semmel and then the schladermuskuläre zwuck

was going round and round....

Naa thanks for help...i try to get it :unsure:

This could work, I don't know :whistle:

ExpFix Patch

Anyways, whenever I try to run this mod (without the above file), I keep getting kicked from my own server and I find this in the console:

** URA (XXII) kicked for invalid mpweapons.txt! **

Strange, If you got this natter, all other german versions should have it too isnt it?? and pinx doesnt have it?

And for solution, no idea!

True, but i applied the english version of the 1.3 patch (to get rid of the censoring (no blood, no screaming when being hit, no burning bodies when hit by phos or phos nade, which is a major disadvantage cause you cant hear/see whether you have hit somebody or not)

I had problems with the earlier version of the mod as you can see in my first post (it worked with the english game.rez then) but no problems with the current 1.32 version.

This will solve the common flame wars in the servers...

For a week or two probably. After that, the wars will start over again <_< I would be glad if i'm wrong about this.

Anyways, whenever I try to run this mod (without the above file), I keep getting kicked from my own server and I find this in the console:

** URA (XXII) kicked for invalid mpweapons.txt! **

Could it be that u mistakenly rezzed a modified mpweapons.txt of your experiments with your weapon mods? :unsure:

Edited by P!NX

Could it be that u mistakenly rezzed a modified mpweapons.txt of your experiments with your weapon mods? :unsure:

Close, very close... I was experimenting with customrez.txt a few days ago and my server was including my weapons mod :rolleyes:

Everyone is aware that the readme says this is a "Beta" still right? ..........................................................